• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flashing fonts

cogrady84

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
Hi guys, i'm having trouble changing my system font...

I am rooted with unrevoked3, hboot 0.80 android 2.1, looked at a number of ways to flash fonts to my desire and each time i've ended up in a bootloop...

Please does anyone have a definitive, simple guide for doing this? I would just like a slicker font as my system font...

Also is there a rooted 2.2 rom worth using yet? and where do i get it?

As far as flashing new fonts, I've simply used ROM Manager.

Either select the "Install ROM from SD Card" option and select the .zip file that you have...works a treat, never resulted in a bootloop.

As for rooted 2.2 ROM's, I'm currently using Leedroid. Very fast, very stable, minimal boot time, supports Apps2SD. Sense ROM.

Alternatively you could use the DeFroST Rom (currently up to v4.9?) by far my favourite ROM, but I had issues with sending / receiving MMS. From the word in the forums, it's a 50/50 hit and miss with the MMS problem. See how you go.

Few threads around the place (both here and XDA) regarding different ROM's. Check them out.

Dave
HTC Desire
Rooted
Android 2.2
LeeDrOiD_V2.1A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones