• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing help/questions

venom21

Feb 8, 2010
hello all,

ok so i have root access, have clockwork mod. i did a nandroid backup as well.

now what is the next step? i downloaded rom manager and titanium backup(paid version)

i thought i read somewhere about someone sayin that titanium has to be on the SD card or something for backing up the apps maybe same thing with rom manager?? a little confused at this point

im just a little bit lost here when it comes to flashing roms. i think i wanna flash capt jagers 1.6 rom but im not sure what else i have to do.

thanks to anyone who helps me out

hello all,

ok so i have root access, have clockwork mod. i did a nandroid backup as well.

now what is the next step? i downloaded rom manager and titanium backup(paid version)

i thought i read somewhere about someone sayin that titanium has to be on the SD card or something for backing up the apps maybe same thing with rom manager?? a little confused at this point

im just a little bit lost here when it comes to flashing roms. i think i wanna flash capt jagers 1.6 rom but im not sure what else i have to do.

thanks to anyone who helps me out

Titanium and Rom Manager Astro etc all store your backups on the SDcard. They will create the folders they need themselves.

-Create a COMPLETE backup with Rom Manager
-Use TB to backup your data.
-Download ROM and toss on the sdcard
-Use Rom Manager to install ROM and make sure you WIPE when asked
-Use TB to restore you data after booting the new ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones