1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Flashing" HTC EVO 4G from Sprint to Boost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by musicfeind2001, Jan 8, 2014.

1. musicfeind2001

None

Dec 29, 2013
    Now that I got a new phone for x-mas, my g/f is freaking out that she hates her boost phone. She still has her EVO 4G from our Sprint contract a few years back and is pushing for me to flash it to boost for her.
    I'm not too bad with computers, but I don't know anything about these cell phones.
    From what I'm reading about the process, I need a donor boost phone (my old Samsung Galaxy Prevail?) to take some numbers off of, and program them into the Evo? I see several lists of programs needed to do all this, and it just seems to much effort for one phone.
    Do I really need to go through the process of restoring it to factory and rooting the phone, just to flash it? Everyone tells me I can just take it into a Boost mobile retailer and most of them are able to do it for a fee.
    What do? I've read half of this walkthrough: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide-evo-3d.html
    Is this safe!?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Take it into a retailer who does it and see what the fee is. Compare that to the amount of time and work involved. Only you can decide which works better for you.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    it is safe provided you follow directions.....though messing with those numbers can brick it, so make sure you follow what the guide says.

now i have no idea on boost doing this or not for free.

4. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    I would just get another phone vs flashing it to Boost. It's not worth all the time and trouble anymore now that Boost has 4G/LTE phones. If you flash the EVO to Boost, you cannot get 4G. You could probably get a used EVO Design for Boost at the same price as you would pay to flash the EVO to Boost.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: