1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Flashing liquid no signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sentinelace, Jul 23, 2011.

1. sentinelace

sentinelace Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Flashing liquid works fine but after the fact I have no signal. I did a full wipe and installed one of the radios. Am I missing something?

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    You either didnt successfully install the radios,or you inadvertantly installed a download with only 1 radio.

Give us the link that you used for the radio download,and describe how you flashed it in as much detail as posible.

3. sentinelace

None

Apr 2, 2010

I used Rom manager. Which radio do I use?

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    You can't flash a radio in ROM Manger. I would suggest not using ROm Manager for flashing your ROMs either. It's been known to cause more problems than manually flashing in ClockworkMod

Moved to All Things Root section

5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    I didn't have any data yesterday after 10:00PM CST. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I did a restore, flashed a new radio, and even threw in Gingerbread for good measure. For some reason my phone is back up and running now. Not sure if there was some sort of outage in my area, but also try installing the radio from recovery as WormDoes has indicated. You can use the Rom Manager to do ROMs.

6. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010

Never ever install a radio in recovery or ROM manager! Radios can only be installed in hot boot! I wouldnt even do Rome in ROM manager.

7. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    I also would highly advise against the use of rom manager.

Follow the directions in the how to sticky In post 3"how to flash in hboot" to get your radios flashed and running :)

8. sentinelace

None

Apr 2, 2010
    I am running cubed now, but looking for something new. Where do I get the radio for liquid?

9. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    Full time student
    Pittsburgh/Erie
    Here is what i used. The directions in the thread are fairly easy but if you are inexperienced in the command prompt or the sdk i would most likely not use this. I for one found it easier than anything else. All TB Radios The newest radio is the last on the list. You need to download both radios with this thread and check MD5 sums as well.

Here is a little easier version. MR2 OTA Radio You just need to download the one file, check md5 and follow the directions for flashing in hboot that scotty posted Here. Its about half way through that post. P.S. thanks scotty. You also need to make sure the rom you are using supports the MR2 radio, as pretty much anything gingerbread needs it to work properly.

There is no real order to it, but I flashed radio then rom, plently have done it the other way around. I found it better to flash radio, you have to reboot after you do this, then let the phone boot up and go into clockworkmod once the phone loads up. I am never one for flashing a rom then pulling the battery and booting into hboot by holding vol down and power.

10. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Hot boot and Rome? Is Koush working on something new ;)