• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing many roms - quick setup on screens?

Yeah, app + settings in Titanium. But I didn't even wipe when loading the new 2.2 leak so I didn't have to do anything but boot up and go. Kind of a gamble but I figured 2.2 Sense to another 2.2 Sense would play well, and it did.

Ah I have been trying to get someone to help me...can i run unrevoked forever on a 2.2 sense ROM with a 2.05 radio?

Upvote 0
Titanium gets my apps back but it still takes a bunch of time to get my screens setup with the shortcuts and widgets to how I like it.

Will Titanium back that up also?

Are there any alternate homescreens that will backup your layout so when you wipe you can be back up and running quicker?

I just finally got my phone situated after the last rom flash and would love to experiment more but also like to have my phone laid out for convenience.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you can restore using the All apps + data option. Or if you want fewer chances for conflicts depending on how radical of a change you jut made with the Rom flash, you can single out certain apps (such as HTC Sense or Launcher Pro) and restore apps and settings to only those while restoring just apps only elsewhere.

Example:
Open Titanium > Menu > Batch > Restore All Apps With Data > Deselect All > Reselect only Launcher Pro > Click App + Data dot > Click Run the batch operation

Now you should not only get Launcher Pro back, but also your last used configuration on all home screens. If you're just flashing an update to a Rom you're already running, just do app + data for the whole works and everything should be the same.

Reactions: ninjakyle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones