1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing MikG v3.00 build

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MusicJunkie, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Android Expert

So, I was flashing the latest version of MikG's 2.1+3.0 rom v3.0 and after it was installed, it rebooted itself O_O. By the way I'm using the AMON RA recovery. I've never had this to happen until today. It didn't give me the option to return to previous windows, it just restarted. I don't think anything is wrong as it booted up and works great so far. Just wanted to let you all know and if something will happen wrong (for those who may have experienced this) please let me know, lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so are you saying that after you flashed and booted up. after sometime it rebooted randomly? maybe try wiping dalvik cache and cache. i just flashed mikg3.0 and no issues so far.

3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Hmmmm, I wonder if aamikam put a reboot script into the new rom?

Is it acting up?

If it gets weird, just wipe the slate clean 3 times each, then reflash. ;)

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

So it didn't automatically reboot for you Ocn? Strange indeed.
    Weren't there a few roms back when Sense 3.0 and 3.5 came out, that would reboot a few times on initial boot? Cant remember. :thinking:

5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Maybe your power button just got stuck? After two presses, the phone would reboot.

6. MusicJunkie

No, right after it finished flashing the phone just restarted and booted up. Usually it goes back to the recovery but it didn't. As soon as it was done it just started up, lol.

7. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Android Enthusiast

Hey guys, that is actually something Mik added with the new version. Threw me off at first too. :)

MusicJunkie likes this.
  8. MusicJunkie

Oooh! Okay, I was a little scared at first, lol. Thanks!

9. MizzouBrent

So now you have to flash other stuff (font, kernel etc) in a separate recovery session?

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

weird though it did not do that with the new twrp recovery. interesting.

11. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Android Enthusiast

That's strange... I double checked the forums (see here) to make sure I wasn't crazy... I wonder why the different recovery affects it?

12. MusicJunkie

Anyone experiencing the PC not really connecting to the phone? I can view it sometimes but then it'll just stop working and then I can't see anything on my SD card while it's connected to the PC...

13. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

I had that happen to me a few times with my sd card when I first rooted. Didn't even want to see my card when I had it in an adaptor and had it in my pc itself.

You do have amon ra recovery, is that correct?

Have you tried plugging phone to pc with cable, going into recovery and using USB-MS toggle?

make sure you are at your desktop and try that and see if it comes up as a new drive.

ocnbrze and MusicJunkie like this.
  14. MusicJunkie

Yes I'm on AMON RA but I have NO clue how to do that. lol

15. dustwun77

well go into recovery, first thing. then hook your phone to pc with usb cable.

vol down to usb-ms toggle, then when it is highlighted, hit the power button. if it is going to work, you will see it show up as a drive on your pc desktop.

give it a minute or so.

ocnbrze likes this.
  16. MusicJunkie

Okay, I'll have to do that after this cantata tonight, lol. Thanks again.

17. dustwun77

hope it works out for you.

MusicJunkie and ocnbrze like this.
  18. MusicJunkie

Thanks! It's working. I'm using an OtterBox Defender series and it's hell (excuse my colorful vocab) taking off to get the SD card out. I guess this will forever be my new method to putting stuff on and taking things off the SD card. A little much but at least it works!

dustwun77 likes this.
  19. dustwun77

cool! and just fyi, the amon ra style recovery uses the capacitive buttons and also, the usb-ms toggle feature seems to transfer data faster in it, imho, than it does in the regular amon ra recovery!

MusicJunkie likes this.
  20. MusicJunkie

I don't have the latest AMON so I can't use the capacitive buttons and I agree. I transferred 5 gigs of stuff to my card in not too long of a time.

21. dustwun77

well, i am glad that worked out for you, It is the way I do it. Too, to make it easier, there is an app called Quick Boot that you can use that gets you into recovery with a push of an icon.

Try it too, you might like it!

MusicJunkie likes this.
  22. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Mine did NOT reboot ....

Amon Ra

23. MusicJunkie

Nor did mine O_O lol

24. MusicJunkie

Anyone notice this on their lock screen with this ROM? Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter It says sound off but I haven't done anything and all my sounds work, lol. I only notice it when I'm below 15% battery.

Also, I'm not sure how to upload screen shots here, so I just added it to my TwitPic and posted the link.

25. MizzouBrent

I changed recovery to the new ra style and it rebooted after flash. Just running stock kernel but damn this rom flies! The tweaks they've added are outstanding. The baked in fonts are amazing plus the line at the top of the screen as a battery meter. Dang. Switched to golauncher and dropped my LCD density to 200 and I'm in awe. Better than aosp as far as performance goes from what I'm seeing so far.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews