• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing MikG v3.00 build

I changed recovery to the new ra style and it rebooted after flash. Just running stock kernel but damn this rom flies! The tweaks they've added are outstanding. The baked in fonts are amazing plus the line at the top of the screen as a battery meter. Dang. Switched to golauncher and dropped my LCD density to 200 and I'm in awe. Better than aosp as far as performance goes from what I'm seeing so far.

yes man! this thing is super fast with stock kernel and alternate kernel. what's the tweak to lower the density? I can't find it :/

Upvote 0
Anyone notice this on their lock screen with this ROM? Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter It says sound off but I haven't done anything and all my sounds work, lol. I only notice it when I'm below 15% battery.

Also, I'm not sure how to upload screen shots here, so I just added it to my TwitPic and posted the link.

I haven't gone exploring too much in this rom but have seen in other ones, under Power in settings, i think, where it gives you options to make power saving settings to phone when it gets below a certain level, to prolong battery life.

Upvote 0
I haven't gone exploring too much in this rom but have seen in other ones, under Power in settings, i think, where it gives you options to make power saving settings to phone when it gets below a certain level, to prolong battery life.

I already turned that off before this started happening. idk. it doesn't really bother me, just seems deceptive, lol

Upvote 0
For the umpteenth time in the last 2 days, this ROM has frozen at home screen #6. Upon reboot, I'm taken to home screen # 6, which has no app icons on it, but I'm unable to do anything. The screen is frozen there. I can't open a thing, and the Rosie is gone at the bottom. I can hear text notifications coming in; I can hear Emails coming in; I can see these notifications in the top notification bar, but Sense isn't responding to any touch.

Admittedly, I'm getting rather tired of wiping, reflashing, then redoing all my personalized settings 4 or 5 times per day. I'm going to have to go to another ROM, because this one is just causing too many of these weird partial lockups. The only common denominator is that this happens every time I do a battery pull (when switching batteries to charge one and use a fresh one, etc.).

Upvote 0
For the umpteenth time in the last 2 days, this ROM has frozen at home screen #6. Upon reboot, I'm taken to home screen # 6, which has no app icons on it, but I'm unable to do anything. The screen is frozen there. I can't open a thing, and the Rosie is gone at the bottom. I can hear text notifications coming in; I can hear Emails coming in; I can see these notifications in the top notification bar, but Sense isn't responding to any touch.

Admittedly, I'm getting rather tired of wiping, reflashing, then redoing all my personalized settings 4 or 5 times per day. I'm going to have to go to another ROM, because this one is just causing too many of these weird partial lockups. The only common denominator is that this happens every time I do a battery pull (when switching batteries to charge one and use a fresh one, etc.).

I honestly haven't experienced anything like that happening to my phone with this ROM. Did you wipe the CACHE, DALVIK CACHE, and full wipe before flashing the ROM? Are you using SetCPU? Did you do any of the tweaks that were more 'dangerous' than others in the MikTweaks app?

Upvote 0
Yes to the wipe question--total and complete wipes. No to your latter two questions.

Oh, and I was using the Freedom Aggressive kernel. However, the problem did occur with the stock kernel, too.

One thing I'm wondering...

Someone on XDA also experiences this every time he does a battery pull, which is when I'm experiencing this as well. I admit that when I pull the battery, I have almost always done it with the phone still powered on (but with the screen off). I'm wondering if not completely powering down the phone before pulling the battery might be causing this.

In order to determine this, I just did a full wipe, reflashed this ROM, and have usage back. Let me restore my data and do a battery pull from the off state. IF, and that's a big if, that is the cause, then maybe by accident I have stumbled upon a warning for others of some sorts.

Reactions: MusicJunkie
Upvote 0
Yes to the wipe question--total and complete wipes. No to your latter two questions.

Oh, and I was using the Freedom Aggressive kernel. However, the problem did occur with the stock kernel, too.

One thing I'm wondering...

Someone on XDA also experiences this every time he does a battery pull, which is when I'm experiencing this as well. I admit that when I pull the battery, I have almost always done it with the phone still powered on (but with the screen off). I'm wondering if not completely powering down the phone before pulling the battery might be causing this.

In order to determine this, I just did a full wipe, reflashed this ROM, and have usage back. Let me restore my data and do a battery pull from the off state. IF, and that's a big if, that is the cause, then maybe by accident I have stumbled upon a warning for others of some sorts.

Okay, thanks for testing that out for the Forum!

Upvote 0
OK, everything is restored. Powered down the phone completely, pulled battery, re-inserted, powered on and...success! Everything seems to be OK.

So...WAS the problem my pulling the battery while the phone was still on (but with screen off)? While I can't say for absolute certainly seems so. I'll know further when I do another battery pull in the next day or two.

Upvote 0
Bad news. I had to do a battery pull because I had been using the phone so much to restore, and guess what? The problem has RECURRED! Dammit! I'm frozen on home screen # 6 and now have to start ALL OVER from scratch. Again.

Because I really don't know where the problem lies, and because I can't keep spending 3-4 hours on this several times per day, I'm afraid I'm going to have to try another ROM. This is just too unreliable.

Sorry, guys. I tried.
Cry%28DBG%29.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones