• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing MikG v3.00 build

MusicJunkie

Android Expert
Aug 7, 2011
North Carolina
So, I was flashing the latest version of MikG's 2.1+3.0 rom v3.0 and after it was installed, it rebooted itself O_O. By the way I'm using the AMON RA recovery. I've never had this to happen until today. It didn't give me the option to return to previous windows, it just restarted. I don't think anything is wrong as it booted up and works great so far. Just wanted to let you all know and if something will happen wrong (for those who may have experienced this) please let me know, lol.

So, I was flashing the latest version of MikG's 2.1+3.0 rom v3.0 and after it was installed, it rebooted itself O_O. By the way I'm using the AMON RA recovery. I've never had this to happen until today. It didn't give me the option to return to previous windows, it just restarted. I don't think anything is wrong as it booted up and works great so far. Just wanted to let you all know and if something will happen wrong (for those who may have experienced this) please let me know, lol.

so are you saying that after you flashed and booted up. after sometime it rebooted randomly? maybe try wiping dalvik cache and cache. i just flashed mikg3.0 and no issues so far.

Upvote 0

Hmmmm, I wonder if aamikam put a reboot script into the new rom?

Is it acting up?

If it gets weird, just wipe the slate clean 3 times each, then reflash. ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so are you saying that after you flashed and booted up. after sometime it rebooted randomly? maybe try wiping dalvik cache and cache. i just flashed mikg3.0 and no issues so far.

So it didn't automatically reboot for you Ocn? Strange indeed.
Weren't there a few roms back when Sense 3.0 and 3.5 came out, that would reboot a few times on initial boot? Cant remember. :thinking:

Upvote 0

No, right after it finished flashing the phone just restarted and booted up. Usually it goes back to the recovery but it didn't. As soon as it was done it just started up, lol.

Upvote 0
I had that happen to me a few times with my sd card when I first rooted. Didn't even want to see my card when I had it in an adaptor and had it in my pc itself.

You do have amon ra recovery, is that correct?

Have you tried plugging phone to pc with cable, going into recovery and using USB-MS toggle?

make sure you are at your desktop and try that and see if it comes up as a new drive.

Upvote 0
I had that happen to me a few times with my sd card when I first rooted. Didn't even want to see my card when I had it in an adaptor and had it in my pc itself.

You do have amon ra recovery, is that correct?

Have you tried plugging phone to pc with cable, going into recovery and using USB-MS toggle?

make sure you are at your desktop and try that and see if it comes up as a new drive.

Yes I'm on AMON RA but I have NO clue how to do that. lol

Upvote 0
well go into recovery, first thing. then hook your phone to pc with usb cable.

vol down to usb-ms toggle, then when it is highlighted, hit the power button. if it is going to work, you will see it show up as a drive on your pc desktop.

give it a minute or so.

Okay, I'll have to do that after this cantata tonight, lol. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
hope it works out for you.

Thanks! It's working. I'm using an OtterBox Defender series and it's hell (excuse my colorful vocab) taking off to get the SD card out. I guess this will forever be my new method to putting stuff on and taking things off the SD card. A little much but at least it works!

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
cool! and just fyi, the amon ra style recovery uses the capacitive buttons and also, the usb-ms toggle feature seems to transfer data faster in it, imho, than it does in the regular amon ra recovery!

I don't have the latest AMON so I can't use the capacitive buttons and I agree. I transferred 5 gigs of stuff to my card in not too long of a time.

Upvote 0
I changed recovery to the new ra style and it rebooted after flash. Just running stock kernel but damn this rom flies! The tweaks they've added are outstanding. The baked in fonts are amazing plus the line at the top of the screen as a battery meter. Dang. Switched to golauncher and dropped my LCD density to 200 and I'm in awe. Better than aosp as far as performance goes from what I'm seeing so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones