1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing on the HTC Evo V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jreink01, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jreink01

jreink01 Android Expert

I have a HTC Evo V 4G from Virgin Mobile that is rooted with S-off and flashed with Midnights latest Rom. I have a couple questions that I have that Im hoping someone can clarify for me. I have been doing some reading in the threads and about the HTC Evo 3D. From what I understand, there are two types of HTC Evo 3d phones, ones that are GSM and CDMA. From what I understand, the Evo V is a CDMA phone, correct. I take it that the HTC Evo 3D is a Sprint phone too?? Can roms and files that are in the HTC Evo 3D threads be flashed on the HTC Evo V? I am confused as to whether I can flash these files from the Evo 3D threads or not?? I'm assuming I can flash files from the htc Evo 3D as long as long as its from a CDMA phone, right?? I want to be absolutely sure before I start to flash these files so I dont screw up my phone.
    Thanks in advance for the feedback.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

As long as you have downgraded your hboot almost all evo 3d cdma roms will work except for the 1 or 2 that require the Sprint ota hboot.

Most roms should not and work fine minus mms and whatever other issues the rom may already have.