1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

flashing red edges, one X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sanitoeter, Aug 16, 2012.

1. sanitoeter

sanitoeter Lurker

Well, for about two hours now, my htcs screen flashes in the edges, only when switching between apps or programs.. its not a hardware thing, since the flashing edges are always red and look like those old 99999th visitor ads, with the flashing edges. I hope you know what I mean/ a solution. Kthxbyee!
    Ps.: I used the search function exhaustively, so don't gimme the whole "search first!" Speech. Either my problem is unique, or I suck at searching stuff.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Hi sanitoeter, welcome to AF! :)

Head to Settings -> Developer Options. Is there anything other than USB Debugging checked? If so, uncheck it.

Does that sort?

3. sanitoeter

sanitoeter Lurker

Yes!... Wow, now I feel really stupid..
    Can't remember doing anything with these options, must've been a mistake :p
    Thanks a lot! Android is something really new to me :)

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

No need to feel stupid! Anything else you get stuck with, don't be afraid to ask.

5. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Member

I have usb debugging unchecked do i need to check it? The only thing checked on this page on my phone is the 'animation' option.

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

USB Debugging isn't mandatory if you're not rooted, but (in laymans terms) it can help the your phone talk to your PC a little better when they're connected via USB.

Rooted or not, I'll always enable USB Debugging and a lot of custom ROMs have it enabled by default. :)

Rik Mayall likes this.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews