• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing ROM and Kernel for first time, quick app backup question

So I am about to try to flash my first ROM and kernel. I am following a youtube video guide. Will be going with Myn's warm twopointwo, and kings 11 kernel. My question is about backing up my apps. From what I gathered there's two ways of doing it, appbrain or titanium backup. I do have the paid version of titanium. Does appbrain just let you know what apps you had and then you have to reinstall them manually? Or does it install them for you. I've heard a few people have had problems when using Titanium on flashing a new rom/kernel. I know titanium saves your settings, but do either of these apps backup the actual data? Really the only thing I am concerned about is losing my progress on angry birds lmao.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones