1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing rom from Odin to unbrick phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SSpade19, Dec 22, 2011.

1. SSpade19

SSpade19 Lurker

My Epic 4g Touch appears brick. I currently have SPH-D710_Zedomax_EpicTouchKernel-v3.tar kernel installed and cwd 5 something. Everything was working fine until I decided to flash the Starburst (revised stable) rom. Now my phone won't get past the intial boot screen that shows Samsung Galaxy 2 along with the exclamation mark.

Good news is that I can still get into download mode or recovery, but here are my issues:
    I don't seemed to be able to flash any other rom from my SD card. Recovery complains that it is a bad file. My initial flash attemp was from a zip file stored on the phone.
    I found a guide to flash using Odin from PC but this requires an MD5 file rom.

Can anyone help out here either with locations to MDF rom files for Epic 4 touch or a process I can use to unbrick my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Just find a different recovery kernel that gives you root, cwm recovery has never worked for me. I believe there is one at acsyndicate. I had the exact same problem and I just used a different recovery which had no problem browsing either SD card, or flashing the files.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews