• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing Rom on Galaxy Ace Asian version bought in china

envy00

Apr 22, 2011
I want to flash my Galaxy Ace with the European rom, my phone was bought in china and it has asian version with no android maket.

I want to know if it is safe to flash my phone to European version? Has any one tried it on the same phone?

Thanks in advance.

Hey I have just bought a GALAXY ACE from India.. Can I upgrade it with the European Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware??? I mean if there are any problems then please let me knw cuz I'm really new to Android. Don't know much about it yet.

Another question is The interface and the phone is perfect but the problem is that the sound is too low. I have tried using many apps for Sound hacks and all but none of them works even in the slightest bit. All the other android phones have come up with Sound hacks but Galaxy Ace is not supporting any. Please suggest me an optimal solution to my problem since I'm a music freak and likes hearing loud music via speakers and headsets.
Please Help me if any idea. Thank you

Upvote 0
Yes it is safe.. i am using indian version flashed with europian rom and it is working fantastic :)

Hey Punit, I am also fro India and am presently in Airtel network. Now, should I use the Asian or the Europian flash? Does everything work normally like before coz I heard that after flashing, some people are facing Internet connectivity problem? Moreover, what benifits do we get after flashing? Do you have any idea of backing up the company supplied ROM so that I can switch back to it if I am not satisfied with the new one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones