1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing rom without microSD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bacterium, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bacterium

bacterium Lurker

So, I got my phone back in October (used). When I first got it, it would randomly freeze and it would either say the SD card was removed, corrupted, or never in. It usually wouldn't last too long. Maybe a day or two. I dealt with it. Then it got worse. And now it has been weeks since it has read an SD card. I've tried all different cards, different sizes, classes, brands, no difference.
    I wanted to flash it back to stock before I try to get a replacement, but it doesn't seem like that is gonna be possible.

So, does anyone either have a fix for this, or a way to flash without an SD card?
    Or should I just send it in as is, and not worry about it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

Just get a replacement from VM. Others have returned it with custom roms on them so I don't think they care too much and since that sounds like a hardware problem I don't think it will matter if you have a custom rom on it or not.

3. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

without SD card theres nothing ive ever seen, or come across, i would agree with just returning it, when you tell them you returning it cause it no longer reads Any SD card they'll probly label it as a hardware failure and either set it for a refurb, in which case they probly put froyo back on or they'll throw it away lol

either way you got a phone with broken hardware and your in need of a new device

4. bacterium

bacterium Lurker

Thanks folks. Called today and got the replacement order in (which was a bit of an ordeal.)
    Though, they told me to use the same battery and battery cover for the new phone, so I assume I am getting a refurbished one. Bummer, cause I kind of messed up the inside of my back cover when I first got it.

5. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

well you can always search the internet and probly find cheap new back plates or batteries, the important thing is if its refurbed or not ur getting a fresh phone instead of your broke sd card phone lol

your glass is now half full from the optimistic point of view lol, now you just gotta find a way to pass the time till you receive it lol

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews