• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing & SD Partition

Granite 1,

Sorry Im a complete newb to this rooting thing. When you say wipe the SD partition do you mean undo the partition then redo it before you flash a new ROM? These are the steps I take when flashing a new ROM, please point me in the right direction if wrong.

-Nano Backup
-Wipe (cache, dalvik cache, data)
-superwipe
-Flash new ROM

Am I missing a step? If so can you provide details on what else I should do? Also if I have flashed a new ROM with the steps I have listed do I need to go back wipe and re flash? Sorry for all the Q&A but like I said im a "NEWB"

ps: I have flashed about 8 ROMs going back and fourth using these steps, hopefully I havent screwed anything up.

Upvote 0
Granite 1,

Sorry Im a complete newb to this rooting thing. When you say wipe the SD partition do you mean undo the partition then redo it before you flash a new ROM? These are the steps I take when flashing a new ROM, please point me in the right direction if wrong.

-Nano Backup
-Wipe (cache, dalvik cache, data)
-superwipe
-Flash new ROM

Am I missing a step? If so can you provide details on what else I should do? Also if I have flashed a new ROM with the steps I have listed do I need to go back wipe and re flash? Sorry for all the Q&A but like I said im a "NEWB"

ps: I have flashed about 8 ROMs going back and fourth using these steps, hopefully I havent screwed anything up.

your supposed to wipe sd ext. too....and when you make a nandroid include sd ext. as well in the backup...

if you go to the rooting guide under partitioning you'll see....

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

Reactions: clint.j.monroe
Upvote 0
is the wipe sd ext in the same place as the wipe for the others. If I did not do this currently should I re flash??? If I do a nano now then re flash wouldnt I be stuck with the same stuff on my sd????

yes its in the same place as cache, dalvik cache, and data...its torwards the bottom of the list....if your not having any problems then i wouldnt worry about it....but if you absolutely want to do a new install, then just wipe like your supposed to (including sd ext.) and reflash the rom...however unelss you have titanium backup your going to have to re-install any apps n whatnot you had on the rom before.....then once you get it all that done, you can go back into your recovery and make a nandroid (include sd ext.) and your all set....but like i said if your not noticing any problems then i wouldnt worry about it....just make sure you do it in the future....

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot. I actually finally have my phone running great right now with MikG 2.5 and Goldenmonkey. I will be sure to do this in the future! I do have Titanium though. Next on my list is to do the supercharger script if I can ever figure it out. Im such a NEWB

its all good....thats why the forum is here....the script can be a bit tricky to someone who hasnt done it before but you can download these if you want...

one is the v6 supercharger script file...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38528144/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh

and this one is installing instructions....
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38528144/INSTALLING V6 SUPERCHARGER SCRIPT.docx

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Sorry I should have specified. I was wondering if you hav to re-setup the V6 super charger script?

rebooting no if you set up the 99supercharger file to run as root and run at boot and save the configuration, its gonna start by itself when u reboot....

kernel flash...i dont know...usually i have one kernel and stick with it for awhile....but if you want to check, all you have to do is go into root explorer and look at the 99supercharger file and see if it has that figure 8 looking icon next to it...or you can look at your minifrees by running the V6 Supercharger file again and see if they are still the same as before...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones