1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Flashing stock desire hd rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ohmit89, Nov 3, 2011.

1. ohmit89

ohmit89 Newbie
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Hi guys,

After trying out custom roms and getting poor battery life and stability issue i want to go back to the stock rom to see it if it is a hardware issue.

Where can i find a stock htc desire hd rom that is rooted and has s-off and radio s-off?

I saw that there are roms here but they are exes and it looks like you lose s-off when you use these

[ROM]Ace Test & Stock ROMS [RE-UPLOADED] - xda-developers

cheers,
    Tim

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    What ROM are you using?

As fas as I'm aware, you don't lose S-OFF when you run the RUU's so if you want to root and go back to a custom ROM, it's relatively easy to do so.

3. ohmit89

ohmit89 Newbie
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    I am currently on the Revolution HD 6.1.3 rom. With regards to using the RUUs - assume you mean the exe's, you need to have the dhd connected via usb on charge only with usb debugging right? Probably need to re perma root again too?

I only know how to flash with zip files using CWM.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I've never ran an RUU/exe before so I'm not entirely sure of what the process is. I do think it's just a case of connecting to the PC, then running the exe.

Have you done all the usual stuff you're supposed to do when flashing a new ROM before you go back to stock? Calibrate the battery, Fix Permissions etc? Are you using the correct radio?

You'd need to permaroot again, but that's easily enough done with the Ace Hack Kit. It's a 6-8 minute job and you don't need to downgrade to achieve perma root.