1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Flashing Success to... GingerVillain 1.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andruoid, Feb 12, 2011.

1. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

I rooted a while back and have been on the flash fence for a couple of weeks. Tonight, I have freed my android from the clutches of Telus and installed Ginger Villain 1.0 :D

So far, speedier, more room, no sense; clean interface. Like it!

Advertisement

SUroot likes this.
  2. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Just a little update. I'm not one to time things too much but, today I wanted to see how the battery life was with a fully charged Desire on GingerVillain 1.0

As of 9am today:

Idled 30min.
    Surfed, FB & twitter for about 1 hour.
    Idled 2hrs, 1 received call during that time, 5-6min.
    Watched 2 video clips and surfed a couple of sites, FB and some Twitter.
    Read my CompTIA PDF for 45min-1hr.
    Idled 30min, made 2 short calls.
    Some more surfing, also went to Market download/installed, 5 apps.
    Adjusted/played with settings as well for a few minutes here and there.

idling now at 5pm... 45% charge left.

In the stock ROM I'd be near 25% or less by now. As far as I'm concerned, this is fantastic.

3. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Just a quick snapshot of my home screen. I'd like Last Call widget to work but, it doesn't appear in the Add Widget option. Any other suggestions for a similar widget would be great.

[​IMG]

4. Staggers

Staggers Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Ginger Villain side...you'll enjoy your stay ;-)

Not sure why your Last Call widget's not working, but have you tried un/reinstalling it? Did you restore it from Titanium? Doing so sometimes causes problems if you use Titanium's option to restore to same location (search around and you'll find others talking about it).

As for replacements for Last Call, if you just want to see how many missed calls you can try SMS Unread Count, but if you want full call details, then give Executive Assistant a whirl (it's full featured, but may be a bit overkill depending on your needs).

5. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Thanks for the welcome Staggers. :)

I installed Last Call Widget v1.9.11 as a clean install from the Market, after loading GV. I press and hold a blank area on screen, select Widgets and the 2 widget (1x2 and 1x4) options are not there.

6. Staggers

No problem :)

Hopefully someone else may have a clue about Last Call Widget.

7. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Hmm, same issue with Pure Calender, no widget capability. :(

8. Staggers

Hmm. Go into settings > cyanogenmod settings > application and ensure your install location is set to 'internal'. Then go into settings > applications > manage applications, check the 'on sd card' tab and ensure that the apps in question are not installed on the sd card. If they are, move them to the phone and reboot.

andruoid likes this.
  9. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Thanks for the info Staggers. Now for the embarrassing part, now that you mention it, I set for everything to install to the SD by default. :eek: I forgot some apps still need to be installed internally.

I flashed to Oxygen 2.0 RC7 last night thinking maybe GV was a bad install on my part or something unknown. May give it a try for a while, so far it seems very similar to GV apart from no video.

Being new at this is there anything you know of that GV has over Oxygen?

10. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

all apps should be installed internally to use your ext partition (if you created one)

andruoid likes this.
  11. Staggers

Well I've never used Oxygen so I can't give a fair comparison, but as of the current release, GV has included full CM settings (additions like notification bar power control widgets etc), whereas from what I've read Oxy is closer to pure plain AOSP. Try them both and see what works best for you.

andruoid likes this.
  12. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Thanks everyone, that's what the issue was. BTW, GV 1.0 is back on :D

Tags: