1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Flashing to Metro

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by teabagdad, Jun 13, 2011.

1. teabagdad

teabagdad Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    hi, long story short i want to learn how to flash phones to metro. i have looked everywhere, and it seems like there is a different way for each phone. thats fine, i just want to know is there a easier way or guide to do this. it seems quite hectic. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Anduiril

Anduiril Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Electronics Technician
    Orlando, FL
    You have to have Metro flash the phone you want because they have to put the MEID number in there system. It took me 2 weeks before I found a corporate store that would flash my HTC Incredible. When they flash it you only get voice and texting but you can program the phone to use data. And each phone is different.

3. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member
    None

phones are flashed at the stores. the esn/meid has to be put into metro's system. are there ways around this? yes, but it only cost $10 to do at stores. if a phone isn't on the approved list is where you would want to specialize in. those are possible, but you would still have to get the esn into the system. there are ways :)

4. supastylz

supastylz Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Ok what I want to know is a step by step way to flash a Sprint Evo to Metro or if i go to the metro store to have it flashed i would need a step way to enable the internet and market.... :)
    Thanks in advance

5. 1maddmaxx

1maddmaxx Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Male
    Paying for my hobbies
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I have an EVO 4g flashed to Metro. I took mine to an authorized dealer, not a corporate store and they fully flashed it for $65.00. The only thing that doesn't work is sending a pic via text and I'm looking for a fix for that.

6. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

May 24, 2011

Have you tried using GOSMSPRO and setting the MMS size limit to 300k or less? Your phone may be trying to send a message larger than metros network will accept. Metros MMS size limit is around 500k so start of at lowest setting and work your way up to the highest setting that works.

1maddmaxx likes this.
  7. 1maddmaxx

1maddmaxx Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Male
    Paying for my hobbies
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I had a Ascend and I could send pics with text with it but I will definitely try your suggestion.

8. ptc

ptc Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    I have a Motorola DROIDX. Flashed from veraizon. To Metro pcs and cannot send pictures via txt can somebody tell me how to fix this. HELP ME PLEASE.

9. 1maddmaxx

1maddmaxx Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    Male
    Paying for my hobbies
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Hell I'm still trying to find that fix myself. I am running the stock rom and I have DL'd the mms fix but no one tells me if I need to wipe anything before I flash the fix. So far it does'nt work.

10. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    metro Atlanta area
    Not all CDMA phones will work in all Metro markets.

Some Metro markets use AWS frequencies, instead of "traditional" CDMA frequencies. Metro is in 14 markets and 5 or 6 use AWS -- like New York city. You cannot flash a Verizon/Sprint/Virgin phone to Metro and have it work in those markets since they don't have the necessary frequencies baked into the chipsets. Phones manufactured for MetroPCS have the frequencies.

So, even if you live in a good market, if you then travel to an AWS market your phone won't work.

11. polywood223

polywood223 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    waffle house
    gp texas

Dude your getting done up on hofo