• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing to other carriers question

Toastrman

Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys. I've been around these forums for a good while now so I thought you guys could give me good input on some questions. I have just picked up a samsung captivate (galaxy s). I was wondering if any of you knew if I could take this phone up to a metro store and have it flashed to metro. I understand that it is a GSM phone and uses a SIM card. I saw videos of guys with their SGS2s on metro so I thought that this phone could so the same. Any input is appreciated :)

Yes its possible to flash it to metro but unfortunately metro doesn't provide their metroflash service anymore. Im sure a guide out there exists to do what you are asking, I know ive seen plently guides or videos of phones on other carriers such as iphones fully working on metro with mms and 3g. Google is your best friend with this one. Ill search later and see if I can find anything for you. Its certainly possible but you have to do it yourself so metro can connect it. Lol metro won't flash phones anymore but they will connect flashed phones, also I bet they probably still have the service its just that they can't use it because of legal reasons

EDIT: hmm wait if its a GSM phone then you might not be able to cause metro uses CDMA but idk yet

EDIT: i know the fascinate is a variation of the captivate so this might work http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850233

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones