1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashlight App For Moment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kmookie, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dbelleman

dbelleman Member

This app........
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Lets see...

Step 1) Press Menu
    Step 2) Press Settings
    Step 3) Press Sound and Display
    Step 4) Scroll Down
    Step 5) Press Screen Timeout
    Step 6) Press Never timeout
    Step 7) Press Home
    Step 8) Run LED Moment Widget
    - use flashlight here -
    Step 9) Press Menu
    Step 10) Press Settings
    Step 11) Press Sound and Display
    Step 12) Scroll Down
    Step 13) Press Screen Timeout
    Step 14) Reset this to what you want it to be when the Flashlight isn't on
    Step 15) Press Home

So...how exactly is this easier than having the LED app do this automatically? :p

Richard

3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Android Expert

I can't believe how often I suggest this app but....

get screebl. it will keep your phone awake as long as you are holding your phone in any sort of flashlight-utilizing position.

4. jvrobert

jvrobert Member

Yeah, I might be able to add that in the nearish future when I get some time.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Android Expert

Just download "moment flash" from the market. It works great!

6. Dragon1

Dragon1 Newbie

not sure if im being redudent or not however earlier while browsing market tonight i discoverd a app called MomentFlash. it uses the camera flash LED instead of the white screen thing. it works perfecty on my stock phone.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Redundant? A little. You also didn't bother to read this thread. If you had, you would have seen that the author (jvrobert) of the very app you "discovered" has posted here repeatedly. It's a very useful app and jvrobert is very gracious to write it and release it free of charge.

8. decalex

decalex Android Enthusiast

Jvrobert helped me impress someone yesterday who was looking everywhere for their flashlight. High fieve!

9. Dragon1

Dragon1 Newbie

my apologies for the post. i did read this thread however not all of it. Jvrobert thank you, this app is awesome.
    pastaman. relax.

10. agent0014

agent0014 Android Enthusiast

Pasta may have overreacted by just a bit, but when fifty other people make that same mistake every day on this board, it gets annoying quick. Definitely the reason that I took a six week break from here... every day it's just a new handful of people asking the same questions again without reading and searching first. I can't speak for Pasta, but I'd say you're fine bud, just try to read more first next time... be part of the solution, not the problem lol.

11. souljah335

souljah335 Member

This app blows peoples minds away. I work in construction and i was working in dark room with a co worker. So he took out his flash light and flashed on the wall so we could see the work that needs to be done. While his flash light was doing a some what mediocre job, I just took the moment out and then BOOM, the whole room lit up. He turned around and he was like what the hell is that? I just gave a little grin and with full pride said oh that's just my phone, as if it wasn't a big deal. I LOVE MY PHONE.

12. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Talk about thin skin. Since when does confirming an assumption and suggesting that one read the very thread they're posting in amount to over reacting? It's not like I did the @#$wipe "learn to use search, newbie" thing. As for relaxing? I think I would have to be annoyed first?

13. agent0014

agent0014 Android Enthusiast

LOL in the same vein, I didn't mean to accuse you of over-reacting. Just being my normal, slightly-annoying, overly-diplomatic self :)

14. jvrobert

jvrobert Member

I'm thinking of making some updates. Probably shortly after 2.1 comes out because I have no idea what's broken in MomentFlash with 2.1, only that I've been told it doesn't work by a beta tester for 2.1.

So hopefully I can fix that issue unless it's something really bad like "you need root to use the flash".

I will also keep the phone from sleeping while the flash is on.

I'd also like to add a way to turn on the flash via one of the buttons on the phone even when the screen is locked. e.g. maybe hitting the the camera button, or holding down two buttons at once, or something where you don't have to unlock the phone.

The only problem is I don't know if it's technically possible. Anybody know if/how this can be done?

15. mywhip

mywhip Member

I recommend "MomentFlash" it uses the camera's flash. Put it as a widget on your home screen. Push it, it turns on. Double push it and its twice as bright. A nifty little thing it is:)

16. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Any chance the "beta tester" could be talked into dumping his 2.1 kernel? I know quite a few guys over at SDX that would pay real money and talk him through the process!

17. jvrobert

jvrobert Member

Sure - I forwarded him your info, maybe he's willing to help out.

18. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Thanks so much!!

19. jvrobert

jvrobert Member

He got back to me - he said it would cause him issues to export a beta load so he can't do it.

But he did say "The official release should be at the end of next week".

20. cnstarz

cnstarz Newbie

there's no way i'm believing that. sprint isn't going to release it that quickly on such short notice (especially when they haven't even announced it yet).

21. crankzhaft

crankzhaft Lurker

Urp...how come I can't get a "double-push" mode? Help a noobie out. Thx.

Edit: OK, as a WIDGET there is a double-push capability. Just learning and hopefully the next noobie will try MomentFlash as a widget :)

22. dwolf312

dwolf312 Well-Known Member

Make it a widget to double tap for full bight.

23. jvrobert

jvrobert Member

From the main app you can make bright mode by pushing middle of button and swiping up and out of the top of the button. You can return to normal by pushing middle of button, and swiping down and out the bottom of the button.

I think I'll probably make double-tap work for the main app in my next release, kind of silly there are two different super-bright mechanisms for the widget/app. I was learning Android at the time and thought the swipe thing was kind of fun to do.

24. dwolf312

dwolf312 Well-Known Member

I didn't know about the swipe for the actual app for full bright, just knew the widget did the double tap but Thx for the input and everyone including me that I know love it and helps out in dark places big time.

25. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

momentflash isn't working in 2.1

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews