1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Flashplayer for tab 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Weealice, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

Hi there. I'm new member. Retired lady and hope to get help with new tablet. Cheers

Advertisement

2. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Android Enthusiast

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

Wow! What a quick reply. I will try this right now. Cheers.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. AP2FTW

No problem, please let me know how it works out and if you have any other questions.

5. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

Sadly still not working. I changed setting to allow Unknown sources before downloading. The app appears in my list of apps. It seems to be there but ........ Any other suggestions. Cheers

6. AP2FTW

You say you changed the setting before downloading...after you downloaded the file, did you click on it to install it? If you did, try restarting your tablet and try again.

7. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

You're so patient. Will try restart now. Just hope I can find you/ this thread again. Don't find this site easy to use but I don't normally use anything like this.

8. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

No luck. Still not working. Should I be able to access the flashplayer manager from the app. If so that doesn't work and the site I was trying to access still says no plugin or something like that. Do you think there is something wrong with my tablet?

9. AP2FTW

no the icon in your app drawer is just for the settings. are you using the stock web browser? try downloading the firefox app and go to the website through firefox. i know flash works in firefox

10. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

Ok. I'll try that. Had problem finding our conversation again. Can you tell me easy way to get to this page again.

11. AP2FTW

you can subscribe to the thread or just go to your profile by clicking on your name and go to my stats > topics created

12. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

Many thanks. I'm exploring firefox. Still not sure if flashplayer working. Thank you for all help. Regards....

13. AP2FTW

pull up the website within firefox and im almost positive the video should play

14. Weealice

Weealice Newbie

No go again. Tried firefox and google crome. Was trying to watch documentry about Cuba crisis. Still will not play. Guess I'll have to put up with it. Samsung were no help. I appreciate your efforts and I can't ask any more of your time. But if you do think of anything else I would be very pleased. Regards Alice

15. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

i moved you to the tab 2 forum

here is what you need to do for flash support.:

1. go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2139513
    disregard what forum it is for. you just need the apk file.

2. move the apk file to your sd card.

3.use your file manager or download either es or astro file manager.

4. within the app navigate to the apk file on your sd card.

5. select the app by long pressing on it and select install.

6. done!!!!!!

hope this helps.

16. AP2FTW

Would you mind posting the link to the website with that video? I'd like to try and view it on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I use firefox and I have yet to find a video that I can't play on my phone

17. It doesnt help I cant get the app to work cause android no longer has a working relationships with Adobe!!!!!

18. johna2u

johna2u Member

Here is a direct link to the Flashplayer apk from the adobe archive.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk

enable unknown sources in settings.
    download flashplayer using link above
    Open you "Downloads" app. (You will find it in your app drawer)
    The flashplayer apk will be found there
    touch it.
    it will install

Note: Chrome browser does not support flash content even if you have flashplayer installed
    you will need to use a browser that supports flash. The stock browser should work.

alternately you could try to find the video using the Youtube app.