1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flickering Death

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrsvwal, Oct 6, 2014.

1. mrsvwal

mrsvwal Lurker

So I have 2 s3s.
    One I kept until my last one either died, or the screen cracked.
    Lone behold, I cracked my screen last weekend.

So my backup s3, was used for about a year 6 months ago.
    I just turned it back on with my sim, and my old battery.

My battery has never caused me any issues in the other phone, so it can't be the battery. Here is my issue.

I turn on the phone, the battery drains relatively quickly (i used a cleanup tool to get rid of most apps, i'm using the same amount as old phone?)
    at 12 - 13%, the phone flickers and dies. it even does that when its charging.
    i have to wait till its at like 30% to try to use it, or it will flicker and die.

WHATS HAPPENING? My other phone with this battery It would go to 1% and I could still use it,.. ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the problem but the battery may not be calibrated properly any more. When it flickers and dies do you charge it with phone off until fully charged? You may need to charge it fully then allow it to run down fully until phone shuts off and recharge it fully 1 or 2 times to get proper calibration. There may be an app that will help you know if it is working properly but not sure.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews