• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help flight mode bug - can't connect to 3g anymore once used flight mode

jazzo

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
Hi chaps, I wonder if you can help me at all. I have a samsung spica gt i5700 and I have installed android 2.2 a few months ago and all went ok. Now, today I was at the airport due to fly so I thought I would try the flight mode before boarding. I selected the flight mode, then switched the phone off and on again, and everything fine. Then I switched off the flight mode, left the phone on and I realized I lost the 3g connection. The icon didn't come back after I switch off the flight mode. So I rebooted the phone thinking that it was just a glitch but nothing. I switched the phone off and on again, but no joy. So in short, it looks like when I selected the flight mode it somehow switched off the network permanently. Same story with the wireless, it doesn't work anymore, it sees the networks but it can't connect to them I have managed to connect only once or twice using the wireless, but the real problem seems the 3g that has just disappeared . So can anybody please let me know how I can bring it back? I have tinkered a bit with the access point names, but nothing has happened.
ANy help much appreciated. Has anybody experienced the same problem?
I am totally stuck...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones