• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FlightRadar24 Free

AdamsNan

Lurker
Dec 27, 2012
I have purchased a Rapid5 8" Tablet for my grandson and I tried to download the FlightRadar24 Free App but it says it is not compatible with the tablet. The tablet is running JellyBean. Apparently the app worked fine on the model of this tablet produced a couple of months before mine. It appears that they improved the camera on my model. Has anyone any idea why it now wouldnt be compatible with the tablet and if there is a solution. I am new to the Android market so I'm struggling to find my way around. Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

I have found this on FlightRadar forum so have contacted manufacturer again

Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my tablet?

Flightradar24 is built based on Google Maps API. Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a tablet that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work (Google Maps API). Even if you hack the tablet and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your tablet, make sure to buy a Google certified unit from one of the major brands on the market.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones