1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Flip android boxes. Device specs?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PaulToronto, Oct 11, 2017.

1. PaulToronto

PaulToronto Newbie
    None

May 24, 2017
    - which brands or boxes to avoid
    - what are good boxes to buy
    - tips on learning hardware and software

Anyone know cheap boxes I can learn to repair or build android boxes on?

I only trust wetek but I dont want to ruin a perfectly good wetek box.

Also what type of specs should I look for? I see a lot of boxes with powerful hardware like 3gb ram octacore etc but I am guessing thats overkill.

I might flip cheap ones if I could fix it proper. I would do that with wetek but they are too expensive for flipping and most people either want the cheapest or the best. I think wetek is the best but I have never used another box.

I know it needs hdmi and noticed some online dont have hdmi, bluetooth, 4k, 5G wifi, hvec, android 5, 6 or 7.

Also boxes with same name I know are not the same like mxq or whatever because more than 1 person has messed with it and needs proper setup.
    Also who knows what launcher do they have. I want to learn how to change launchers. I seen on youtube and googleplay there are many free versions. The launchers on some boxes are so ugly.

I want to add kodi, spmc, and other forked versions. Also aptoide which I doubt other boxes have.

I want to make them similar to weteks firmware and their fork called WEplayer which is perfect and works better than Kodi. Their box is different in terms of its android OS, its a special version used on smartphones.

I am still learning the terms and so forth. I already know some basics, I have been using kodi for 4 years. I know how to install repos, configure some settings.

I might look for an ebook to learn more or use youtube. But I need to figure out how to pick which boxes to buy on Amazon because of prices, specs, and you have no idea what you are really going to get when you order.

I am going back to college to learn IT in January. I am fairly tech savvy.

Advertisement