• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flip to Silence/Flip for Speakerphone

claritanie

Oct 28, 2010
I had the proximity sensor problem which was fixed after firmware update/blowing on the sensor.

However, now neither the flip to silence the phone on an incoming call feature (the setting is on) OR the flip to activate the speakerphone when in a call now works.

The flip to silence the phone on an incoming call was working before the firmware update.

Anyone else have this issue?

what exactly does factory reset do?

Just restore the phone to what it was when you took it out the box?
If you backup everything to the SD card can you just restore all them after?

Restores everything on the phone itself back to default settings from when it got released from the factory...That means apps you installed, settings, messages, etc..gone

Doesn't restore anything you delete from the SD card, nor does it back to the SD card when you factory reset..So technically, you could move all your pics, apps, etc to your SD card and put them back on after you have reset the device :)

Upvote 0
what exactly does factory reset do?

Just restore the phone to what it was when you took it out the box?
If you backup everything to the SD card can you just restore all them after?

As Spencer said. It restored all my apps very gracefully after logging in with my Google account, but everything else was gone other than my contacts on the SIM - and they didn't re-sync with my Gmail contacts for some reason.

I also lost all SMS's etc.

However it did fix my problems!

Upvote 0
As Spencer said. It restored all my apps very gracefully after logging in with my Google account, but everything else was gone other than my contacts on the SIM - and they didn't re-sync with my Gmail contacts for some reason.

I also lost all SMS's etc.

However it did fix my problems!

What problems would they be?

See if i sync my facebook at the start im guessing thats with HTC facebook and it makes a mess of my contact list can i take them all off after or do i need to reset my phone?
And if i do sync them does it mean im logged into facebook all the time or does it just take the data off there?

Reason im asking is i dont have any second names in my contacts but i understand i could manually link them but the contacts i dont have in my address book can i delete them at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones