• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flipout on Tmobile?

I have two questions.

I have a BlackBerry 8520 and I wanted to switch to an Android phone. I don't have a data plan, so I can't download BlackBerry AppWorld w/o BIS. I was thinking about switching to the Flipout.

I don't want to pay for data. So can I download Apps from the Market w/o a data plan, just using wifi?

And, can I use this phone unlocked on Tmobile?

Thanks!

I bought the flip out for my husband. He has an att go phone account. He likes something small that fits in his pocket. He rarely uses his phone for calls, texts some, and takes some pictures. I have an htc aria, and thought he would like the android os and would enjoy using the wifi capabilities while at home & occasionally some data usage when out of town. I have been disappointed that I have not been able to figure out how to eliminate 'background' data usage. Granted, the charge is only 20 cents here or 27 cents there, but it is frustrating not to know what data the phone is accessing. In retrospect I should have just gotten him an Aria. It would have cost a bit more at the outset, but has a better camera. It is taller, but much skinnier than the flipout. If you don't want to use a data plan, I can't recommend this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones