1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Flyscreen App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by t1jordan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Baltimore
    Does anyone use the Flyscreen app? If so, tell us what you like or dislike.

Advertisement

2. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Hmm! Am I missing the active thread for this app discussion? It seems like a pretty kickass lock screen replacement. I just set it up for some email and news updates. Can jump straight to the stories or unlock the phone. This will free up one of my seven panes which I dedicated to news. Additionally, instead of just having one scrolling widget, you get ten I believe. Makes quick news checking MUCH easier and enjoyable. I'm loving it! Also like the slider better.

And... just as I was about to finish this post I turned my phone on and the flyscreen lock page was gone and the original was back. Wonder what that's all about?

3. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Mechanical Engineer
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks! I was looking for it. I got it with a ROM I installed but then the ROM started to act weird and I had to Nandroid back... I really liked the unlocker... havent tested the email thingy that Jofaba said...

4. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Mechanical Engineer
    Puerto Rico
    OK. So Now I have two lockscreens... HTC's first and then Flyscreen's... does anyone know how to disable HTC's lockscreen? I'm rooted BTW.

5. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    dont know about rooted but my experience thus far tonight is... RANDOM!

After the program has been installed for a bit, it seems to take over as the ONLY unlock screen. But, unfortunately, it does not seem to stay that way. I haven't yet figured out why. I thought that maybe activating the smile unlock to open a story was the issue, but after doing so and having a screen timeout I came back to the flyscreen.

I've not yet gotten the flyscreen up on a fresh reboot. But it usually goes back to it. But yes, when the default unlock screen rears it's occasional ugly head it is very annoying/frustrating.

BUT: considering that it essentially adds up to 10 more screens to your phone it's still sorta worth it. But yeah, I hope there's a fix to get rid of the original swipe screen.

I am curious though how much extra bandwidth this adds, considering it's loading new info every time you unlock your phone, versus going to that screen on purpose.

Tags: