• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flytouch 3 internal pictures

Today I had a look what is inside of my flytouch 3 :)
It is really easy to dismantle, you just need to remove the four screws at the corners, than gently flip out the screen with help of a screw driver. Take care the display cable is not so long.
When it is in two pieces than you will see the back of the circuit board, you should remove 3 screws and some tapes to be able to turn the board and see the components.
Unfortunately I do not have my micro SD adapter with me right now so had not try to insert my bigger 8Gb SD card in.
As it was promoted my battery size is...or labeled :)... 6400mAh.
I tried to take pictures about the general layout, processor, battery and wifi adapter.

Attachments

• P1000136_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    P1000136_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,315
  • P1000137_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    P1000137_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • P1000139_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    P1000139_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • P1000140_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    P1000140_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,082
  • P1000141_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    P1000141_1024x768_100KB.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,303
Hi!

I purchased a flytouch 3 two weeks ago. Unfortunately after 1 day! it started to vibrate and doesn't boot. I read a lot of forums and I understood that it should be charged... When I plug the charger, the green led lights couple of seconds, after this time goes out. (I have never seen red led on this pad.) Sometimes the led lights more time (hours) but bothe the device and charger are cold, I don't think it is charging.
My question is: what else can be done in a non invasive way becouse I'm still trying to convince the supplier to replace the device. In case this fails, I have to do something...

Upvote 0
Hi!

I purchased a flytouch 3 two weeks ago. Unfortunately after 1 day! it started to vibrate and doesn't boot. I read a lot of forums and I understood that it should be charged... When I plug the charger, the green led lights couple of seconds, after this time goes out. (I have never seen red led on this pad.) Sometimes the led lights more time (hours) but bothe the device and charger are cold, I don't think it is charging.
My question is: what else can be done in a non invasive way becouse I'm still trying to convince the supplier to replace the device. In case this fails, I have to do something...

sounds to me you have problems with yr charger. You are not alone, the charger is total crap. The pin prolly doesnt connect good enough to charge, i had the same problem and with me many others.

I suggest taking yr charger to a electronic store and ask for a simular charger ( you get a better quality charger garantied )

Upvote 0
hmm - that sounds really bad... i suggest letting a proffesional look at it... next time before using a alternative charger, measure the voltage ! if u can't measure it, make 500% sure its configured right, if u are not sure, let someone look at it that is 500% sure its correct.

good luck, i hope its fixable !

Upvote 0
The wifi radio looks like a stripped-down usb dongle but it's antenna placement is one of the worst places to put it. Those lithium-polymer batteries have an aluminum foil package and the antenna's proximity is not only affecting the radiation pattern but also changes the tuning and therefor the effective range.

Do you think it possible that a 802.11 N dongle would work in in place of this or would the N protocols be ignored?
I'm guessing an 802-11B/G/N dongle would work. I would also either remove or change the position of that antenna, to a less reactive spot on the back panel and/or the installation of a SMA male chassis mount connector to facilitate the use of an external antenna.

One could sure have a neat wardriving tablet!

Upvote 0
Flytouch 3 : gps not working anymore
I have a flytouch 3 android 2.2 (disco model)
The gps was working lastweek but not not anymore.

After playing some games : First there was a ticking sound in the speaker.
I found in a forum that the solution was to open the tablet and to move the wires of the speaker a little bit, after that, the ticking issue was solved. I did not touch anything else.

The gps is on, antenna is attached and in test it shows no signals at all.
Also after restart.

What can I do, pls help.

Attachments

• 2011-6-1-0-11-53.jpg
    2011-6-1-0-11-53.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
It is really easy to dismantle, you just need to remove the four screws at the corners, than gently flip out the screen with help of a screw driver. Take care the display cable is not so long.
When it is in two pieces than you will see the back of the circuit board, you should remove 3 screws and some tapes to be able to turn the board and see the components.
Unfortunately I do not have my micro SD adapter with me right now so had not try to insert my bigger 8Gb SD card in.
I tried to take pictures about the general layout, processor, battery and wifi adapter.

Hello, Have you got a picture of the other side (wifi module)
Because my FT3 doesn't have some wifi antenna. I want to solder one but i don't know where?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my english i'm a new frenchy user of FT3

Upvote 0
The receptacle for the charging plug has broken, I need to repair or replace it. I am thinking of doing a Pigtail mod to it, so that I don't have the plug putting undue pressure on the motherboard and female plug unit. Any info on a part number or something? The plug itself uses a Type 'A' male plug. I can charge it by using a rubber-band and just the right placement and tension on the cord (LOL).

Upvote 0

Hallo, i was wondering, after you replace the sdcard, how do you get Android 2.2 back on to it again? My 8GB card is corrupt you see, so i need to replace the internal sdcard.

Upvote 0
Hallo, i was wondering, after you replace the sdcard, how do you get Android 2.2 back on to it again? My 8GB card is corrupt you see, so i need to replace the internal sdcard.

Get a Sd tool like Sdformatter or Easeus. Remove the internal SD and try to repartion and format it. If neither app gives you errors you can reuse it or take the opportunity to put a larger sd in the device.

When you have two good sd, place one back in the FT3 and reassemble. The place the firmware files on the other card, insert it in the FT3 and flash as normal. The firmware will rebuild the internal SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones