• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 - problem with 3G dongle E1550.

then go here to get the world's lists of APNs, i'm not sure if the list is up to date, but its worth a try. You can also go here to get a list of MCN and MCC numbers for your country. This process (using APN manager) worked well enough for my FT3 to at least recognize the hauwei dongle and get the 3G signal going at the top of the screen. Prior to setting up the MCN, MCC and APN correctly for the network i'm using, the FT3 wouldn't even acknowledge that a dongle was connected. I'll post as soon as i update s0I

Upvote 0
Crazy as it may seem you can only actually view the APNs defined on your tablet while the 3G Dongle is plugged in.

If the 3G Dongle is not plugged in you are still able create new APNs but will not be see or edit them! This is both incredibly frustrating and a major source of confusion to all those new to the tablet.

Your APNs have been created, you just can't see them but they will, however, appear when the Dongle is plugged in. [When, if you're anything like me, you will discover the eleven identically named APNs you created and saved while tearing out your hair and wondering what you were doing wrong...]

Upvote 0
Guys, I am having problems to connect the E1550 on FT3. the 3g icon keeps flashing and so does the blue light on the dongle? Please Help

What firmware are you using?

The stock firmware never used to support 3G and the only way I got it to work was by upgrading to s0I's firmware. The 3G support is incredible even with next to no signal - mine drops to -109dB yet connection is pretty near instantaneous and rock solid.

Tim's firmware also supports the E1550 / E1750.

If you are already using s0I's or Tim's firmware you will need to Enable Telephony Apps using the GScript provided as it is disabled by default.

Hope this helps,

Regards
tbod

Upvote 0
Hi all I am new to the forum.
I am hoping some one can help me out. Please note i not really that technical so step by step answer would be appreciated.
I have a superpad 3 which I think is a great tablet despite the very slow wifi connection. I have a mobile broad band dongle on the 3 network, Huawei E353 which works OK with my laptop. But when I connect it to my Android tablet all I get is the 3g up/down arrows flashing, white, but the dongle never connects to the network. I have set the access point name to 3, thee, 3internet, internet but none of these setting seam to work. Can anyone please walk me through setting this up so that I can use my dongle.
:eek:

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem with my E122 modem and my tablet, 3g flashes but doesn't connect. I am also not sure if my tablet is a flytouch 2 or 3..it has 2 micro sd slots, looks like a '3',details are as follows.
Model no: P001:JUTWIA
Android version: 2.2v2.5 4325
build FRF85B.

It seems to be working ok apart from the gps, which takes ages to lock on, but is correct on google maps when it does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones