1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FM radio tuner

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 69Rixter, Jul 20, 2020.

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

Bought a new Galaxy A20. It ran Android 9. Yesterday, got the Android 10 and now, next radio won't work. Ok, I want an FM tuner that operates on/with Android 10. Seems a bit strange to me. Thanks! Rick

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If it doesn't work with Android 10, but works with 9. it's probably the devs need to update their app for compatibility. Maybe worth you emailing the devs and enquiring.

tube517, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just go into google play on your phone and do a search for fm radio apps. the ones that appear should work with your phone. or at least it will tell you if it is compatible with your phone or not. i have used tunein and iheart for a lot of my local radio stations and more.

mikedt likes this.
  4. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

Re: ocnbrze. Thanx for replying. Yeah... did all that. Ahmmm...most of what I came across was inet radio. Didn't find another "tuner" even after googling alternatives to NextRadio. Oh, did find a few "interesting" APKs that might do the trick??? Would have to give them a bit more scrutiny.

5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Nextradio is done. Website is gone.

I'm not sure of other apps that use the FM tuner.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

Damn...just wrote to NextRadio and inquired about an update. tube517 told me they are defunct. So... well, what next.? I'd think someone would have a "tuner" ??? Anyone know of one?

7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

8. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

RE: tube517

Thanx for the tip, but it didn't work for this phone [Galaxy A20] Tried 3x.

Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7884 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews