1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FM radio tuner

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 69Rixter, Oct 23, 2020.

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

I've been searching for an FM tuner app that is non-internet. Since NextRadio is defunct, I've not been able to find a "tuner". NextRadio allowed me to select local stations. Can anyone offer some suggestions? I've tried so many apps that claim they offer local stations, but they all end up being "streaming"(internet).
    [Galaxy A205u--And. 10]
    THANX

Rick

Dannydet likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it really depends on where you are at and the local stations. not sure how else you would get radio on your phone other then streaming, unless you have a dedicated radio built into your phone. iheart and tunein is what i use and they have most of the local stations but not all.

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  3. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

RE: ocnbrze. Thanx for replying. This phone has an FM chipset in it. I was able to have local FM radio prior to And. 10. Next radio is now defunct, and it's earlier version does not operate on And.10. Funny, I found a few apps that "showed" they have a FM tuner, but when I tried to pull them up on "Playstore" I wasn't able to find those apps(???) So, I'll just keep searching... and asking on forums like this. Stay Sharp

Dannydet likes this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

@69Rixter you used your headphones as an an antenna or did you stream them?

5. 69Rixter

69Rixter Newbie

RE: dontpanicbobt

Yes, of course. No, I don't want to "stream". You see, this phone has an FM chipset built-in. I want local FM not internet. In order to do that I must have an app that can access that chipset. I used to use NextRadio, but they are now defunct and I can't seem to find any other app that can access the chipset and use it. Thanx for replying

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'm in the USA. We have the chippers but our carriers never turned them on.

Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7884 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews