1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fold 5g screen bubble/burn

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matt McCall, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Matt McCall

Matt McCall Lurker

Hi everyone

I have a mark appearing on my screen near the hinge. Its like a bubble type mark. Its getting bigger too

Spoke to samsung about them taking it in but I brought the phone second hand so unsure were I stand with the warranty

Any ideas what it is?

Attached Files:

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Never seen one of these in the plastic, so can only speculate based on 2 not-so-clear photos. But if it's near the fold that has to be one of the places most vulnerable to damage, maybe delamination of the display (which could explain something looking like a bubble and getting larger).

As I say, just speculation, but whatever it is I doubt it's anything you can fix yourself.

Dannydet, ocnbrze and Matt McCall like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you will need to show some proof of purchase to make a warranty claim. if you can get a hold of the original owner and see if you can get a copy of the receipt, then you most likely will be able to get a warranty replacement.

this is the problem when you buy a used phone.

Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 7.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 4235mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews