1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Folder Content is Unstable -- HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shepherd Jim, May 24, 2011.

1. Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim Lurker

I've created a number of folders in order to consolidate and conserve space on my Droid's four "pages."

I dragged all my game apps (e.g. Angry Birds, Tetris, etc) into a folder named "Games".

Problem: apps seem to jump into and out of the folder(s). I'll open the Games folder and there will be TWO Angry Birds icons in there. And, maybe an icon for the text editor I use will have migrated into the folder as well.

What's going on!? Thanks.

Motorola Droid Verizon -- 2.2.2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

Couple of questions...

1) Are you using the stock Home Launcher?

2) Are the apps you are using moved to the SD card?

3) Is it just the app icons that are messing up? So no matter what it is displaying for an icon, can you still open up the app when you select it?

I'm assuming you have moved Angry Birds to the SD card, being it is such a large app. You can try a couple of things to see where the issue is.

1) using a task killer, kill the Home Launcher. After it restarts, and the icon issue is resolved, then you may be running into memory issues. So you can try removing some of the widgets you have running on your home screen.
    2) Unmount and remount the SD card. Sometimes I get issues, especially on a reboot of the phone where the icons are displayed correctly.
    3) Move the app to your phone, and reboot your phone. Your phone may only be having issues reading from the SD card. You could always try a new one if this seems to solve your problem.

3. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Also I'd get a home replacement app - yes I'm going to tout my favorite Launcher pro - there are other home replacements that give you more

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews