• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Folder icons?

*I would like to change the icons of my folders to indicate their contents. So, for example, my folder for my ebook reader apps could be an image of a book, my folder of GPS-related programs could be an image of a globe, and so on I am using ADW.Launcher, if that makes a difference Are there any utilities or launchers that let you change the look of individual folders?

I use smart shortcuts, great app and you can use whatever icons you want for your folders you create. You can name the folders whatever you want and if you don't like the icons that come with it you can use pics from your gallery as the icon, or any icons from any icon pack you get from the market.

You just launch the app, make the shortcuts you want to, then long press the homescreen -> add shortcuts -> smart shortcuts -> pick the folder you want.

Reactions: jschall
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones