1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Folder managing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andreiuc88, Feb 9, 2011.

1. andreiuc88

andreiuc88 Newbie

Hello, I am a new Motorola Defy owner. I think it is a good phone for its price and I love it so far.
    There is something that annoys me: the way it manages folders. Or the way it does not manage folders, as a matter of fact.
    In my old SE K550 I could do anything with folders, just like on a PC- copy, rename, move a folder and its content, etc. In Moto Defy, I cannot do any of those. Is there a solution for this? Am I searching in the wrong places?

Also, I noticed that no matter what folders I create on a computer on the SD card, and put pictures into them, all the pictures end up in one folder called "all photos". And if I delete them from "all photos", they get deleted everywhere. I don't like this. Again, can I do something about it?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert

I'm using "EStrong's File Manager", available in the Market. It will allow you to connect to network shared folders, transfer files, manage folders, etc.

3. andreiuc88

andreiuc88 Newbie

Thank you! In the meantime I have also found about "Astro". Which one do you think is better? I will just buy one of them...

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert

I used Astro exclusively for the month that I had the Droid 1 when it first came out. I also used it again (free version) when I bought the Defy last fall. However I also have been using EStrong in parallel. I "prefer" EStrong, for the simple fact that it found, and connected to, my network shares with little to no effort.

EStrong may also allow you to do a little more at the system level if rooted, but may require an additional EStrong component...not sure about Astro, but from what I hear/read, Astro is solid as well.

Motorola Defy Forum

The Motorola Defy release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 3610 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews