• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FolderOrganizer - A Beginners Guide

Is anyone else having an issue of an application widget showing as deleted after a re-boot? Been doing it for a while and its the same 2 or 3 everytime. I just need to go into FolderOrganizer and it re-analyzes all the apps and its there again but its one of them small things thats getting a little annoying now.

Might just re-install FolderOrganizer but that will be a last resort as will take me ages to set everything up again :(

Which ones are they? Could it be due to recent market updates for those apps? Sometimes after an app has been updated I notice that it appears in my 'other' folder (which I have as a catch all for any apps which don't have a label assigned to them) and I have to specify a folder label again.

Upvote 0
It is really strange as been running it for a few months with no problems. Been happening since my last reset as a few things were messed up like some FB contacts being in there 20 times. Those are all sorted now but now this is happening.

Its apps from the market and always the same 3. Call Meter NG, Uninstaller and Dolphin Browser.

Gonna try uninstalling all 3 and then reinstalling to see if this helps.

sookster54, all my apps eg YouTube etc show in FO so not sure why they are not in yours :thinking:

Will let you know if I get this sorted.

Upvote 0
anyone had any issues with the sizing of their icons?

if i add an icon onto my homepage as a shortcut, my icons are a good size but without the option of removing the text.

if i add an icon onto my homepage as a widget it shrinks the size of the widget regardless of wether or not i remove the text.

maybe slightly picky but i would ideally like the bigger sized icon with no text!

anyone help?

Upvote 0
anyone had any issues with the sizing of their icons?

if i add an icon onto my homepage as a shortcut, my icons are a good size but without the option of removing the text.

if i add an icon onto my homepage as a widget it shrinks the size of the widget regardless of wether or not i remove the text.

maybe slightly picky but i would ideally like the bigger sized icon with no text!

anyone help?
That's an interesting issue you've raised. I hadn't noticed before but I've just compared some side by side and the ones added as widgets are noticeably smaller.

I have found a solution but it involves using another app Desktop Visualizer - Android app on AppBrain

If using Desktop Visualizer you still need to add as a widget rather than a shortcut (otherwise there is an annoying black shape where the text would be). You need to select the "Small SS" option to achieve the same size as the FO shortcut. If you select "Small" it actually produces a supersize icon which fills the whole of the box.

I've been playing around with DV and I'm quite impressed as it works well and IMO the user interface is better than FO. Note that there appears to be some sort of incompatibility issue with Sense. The first time I used it Sense threw a wobbly and reverted me back to an old static wallpaper. I found a "Sense Hack" tickbox in settings and since I ticked that I've not had any problems.

Upvote 0
I created a number of Shortcuts that I will never actually use. How do I delete them? Similarly, how do I delete some of my Labels (fodlers)?

Ed, how about a link to the developer's site int he opening post? FolderOrganizer

Deleting Shortcuts is easy. Open FolderOrganiser, select the Shortcuts tab, select the drop down menu to the right of the shortcut you want to delete and chose Delete from the menu. (The options scroll left to right, the Delete option is at the far right)

Good idea about the developer link, I'll add it to the OP. Fabio was kind enough to add a link to this thread on the site :)

Upvote 0
I downloaded a .pdf file, managed to get in on one of the home screens as a shortcut link, however i can't seem to get in into any of the label groups.

I've got a group called work and got all my work related apps in there and want this .pdf file in there as well, any tips on how to do that please ?

Go into folder organizer, shortcuts tab, press menu, new shortcut, i used astro to select my PDF file and then assigned a label once i was done.

I have a question, how can i mkae FO recognise a new internet shortcut i just saved in dolphin 3.0? Doesnt seem to refresh.

Upvote 0
I have a question, how can i mkae FO recognise a new internet shortcut i just saved in dolphin 3.0? Doesnt seem to refresh.

So you saved a new bookmark in Dolphin, what do you want to do with it? I assume you want to use FolderOrganizer to create a bookmark shortcut on a Homescreen?

FolderOrganizer > Shortcuts > Menu > New Shortcut > Dolphin Bookmark > [select bookmark]

This will add the Dolphin bookmark to the FolderOrganizer Shortcuts list, where you can edit it however you wish.

Reactions: RetroDude
Upvote 0
Really hope this can be sorted and its me being thick,

I've created folders, changed icons and put them on my home screen. My only problem is that I want to remove the text of the labels title from under the icon on the home screen. It appears I can only edit it but not remove it.

Any suggestions guys...

Upvote 0
Really hope this can be sorted and its me being thick,

I've created folders, changed icons and put them on my home screen. My only problem is that I want to remove the text of the labels title from under the icon on the home screen. It appears I can only edit it but not remove it.

Any suggestions guys...

If you add the item as a widget rather than a shortcut you will get the option to completely remove the text http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/168533-folderorganizer-beginners-guide.html#post1526833

Upvote 0
Also, is there an option to have the notifications still appear on the icon for text and email inbox ? It seems once you change those icons, they are static and do not change. So when i get a text, it shows in the notification bar, but the icon itself will not have a 1 next to it. I guess it has to be the default messaging app in order for it to show the unread count...anyone else wondering this? This would be huge if we could have custom icons for mail and sms, and still see the unread count

Upvote 0
Also, is there an option to have the notifications still appear on the icon for text and email inbox ? It seems once you change those icons, they are static and do not change. So when i get a text, it shows in the notification bar, but the icon itself will not have a 1 next to it. I guess it has to be the default messaging app in order for it to show the unread count...anyone else wondering this? This would be huge if we could have custom icons for mail and sms, and still see the unread count

The text and email icons that come with their respective app have the ability to show numbers beside them - basically the app replaces the stock icon with another icon which includes the message/sms count. So, changing the icon unfortunately removed the ability to show the counter.

The only way I know (there may be others that I don't know about) to change the icon and still get a message count is to use LauncherPro and put your email and sms links/icons on the dock at the bottom of your Homescreen. There's an option in LauncherPro's dock settings that enables the message count to be displayed on any custom icon.

Upvote 0
Hey, I can't seem to figure out how to not have any words under the icon. Also, any info on what Junior above me asked would be nice.

FolderOrganizer lets you edit and change the text but you can't remove the text completely. To do that you can use LauncherPro which gives you the option of editing the text banner or removing it completely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones