1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Folders on the Optimus V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lpnalda, Feb 8, 2011.

1. lpnalda

lpnalda Member

Does anyone know how to create folders fo different types of app, Ie: games? Tia.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

You can edit folders from your PC when the phone is linked and the SD Card mounted, just like any drive. You can also download an App from the Market that will give you that capability within the phone, if desired. One of several is linked below:

https://market.android.com/details?id=xcxin.filexpert

3. lpnalda

lpnalda Member

Thanks I'll check that out

4. adam97202

adam97202 Well-Known Member

Do you mean on the home screens? If so, just press-and-hold on a blank spot until it vibrates and a window comes up asking you what you want to do. Tell it you want to make a new folder.

5. atraum

atraum Member

You should try out the killer FREE app called Folder Organizer. It's a sweet app that allows you to categorize items as you install and then build dynamic folders on your home pages. I can't praise it enough for organization and am surprised that Android didn't have something like this already built it.

6. cpht

cpht Member

I use ES file explorer. Its free and does everything I need it to. The big plus for me is that it will connect to my pc through wifi with no hassles. Other file/ folder apps might work better, but ES was the highest rated and easiest for me.

7. AnciusD

AnciusD Android Enthusiast

I can't figure out how to rename New Folder, though. I moved the junk like Poynt and Twidroyd to it. When I created another folder , it's also called New Folder. What am I missing?

8. JustMe0815

JustMe0815 Newbie

just open the folder and press and hold the folders bar....... took me a minute too to figure out :)))

ScottColbert and AnciusD like this.
  9. AnciusD

AnciusD Android Enthusiast

Thanks! I had tried tapping the bar before but not holding it - or not long enough. I'll get the hang of this, eventually. :D

10. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member

I really liked that program as a file manager and then they updated it and I feel it was ruined. I then switched to ES File Explorer. Wish I had kept a backup of the old File Expert program. Maybe the new problems that were created will be fixed later.

I agree with atraum about Folder Organizer. It works great for app management on your home screen(s).

11. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

12. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

I prefer App Organizer :) It has different categories and automatically puts them in the appropriate menu simply with a check mark for an app to be a certain category.

13. Skully

Skully Newbie

Check out circle launcher too. I Love it cuase it pops up the apps in a circle around your icon. Plus the icon is a circle which you can make almost invisible so it doesn't take up much space.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews