• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

font server

so im trying to.find.out how to get rid of this font server.virus.. someone has remotely.connected to my phone after hacking my fb.. idk how to get rid of it either.. it wont uninstall or disable... this files app keeps automatically downloading .. when i face time you can hear people typing and when i make calls they are always staticy .. i have this app called lia informant also i cant get rid of

so im trying to.find.out how to get rid of this font server.virus.. someone has remotely.connected to my phone after hacking my fb.. idk how to get rid of it either.. it wont uninstall or disable... this files app keeps automatically downloading .. when i face time you can hear people typing and when i make calls they are always staticy .. i have this app called lia informant also i cant get rid of

Facetime is an Apple only service AFAIK. Are you using an iPhone or iPad or something? If so, i certainly can't help you with that.

Upvote 0
you have to stop looking at system apps. their names can seem sinister, but they are not. lia informant is part of LG's software that is added to android. it has to do with LG services on the smart notice widgets.
https://techruth.com/what-is-the-lia-informant/

and what font server virus? there are no viruses on android.....only malware which needs to be installed onto your phone. why do you want to get rid of the font server?

and remote connecting? could be spyware that is installed.

so this is what i would do:
1. before you do anything i would change all of your passwords or even setup new accounts.
2. i would also setup two step verification whenever possible. the most important account you need to do this with is Google.
3. after you change your passwords for all accounts and setup 2-step, i would then do a hard reset.....not a factory reset, but a hard reset. this is usually button combinations of the volume buttons and power. you can find directions here:https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-stylo-5/

just make sure that you enter the new password for google when re-setting up your phone, after a hard reset. if you forget your password YOU WILL BE SCREWED, because you will trip FRP(factory reset protection) and bypassing it will be very difficult.....so make sure you remember it correctly or write it down.

good luck

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-185049.png
    Screenshot_20210723-185049.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
bc they sent some stupid video and then that video sent to everyone in my fb and then after that all my settings were messed with
ok well getting hacked by FB does happen. if you changed accounts, then you should be fine. if that gets hacked again, i would not assume that is because of your phone.

i would contact FB and let them know of your hacked account.
https://www.facebook.com/hacked

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
First, you will need to change FB passwords, and possibly start a new account.

Be sure that your phone number, e-mail, and other identifiers are not visible to anyone- friend or otherwise (because they can also be hacked just as you were).

Your account should be made private except for friends, and maybe friends of friends.

Also, it is best if you access the site with a browser instead of the app.

You can report the havk to FB, but don't count on any help at all from them.
First, FB makes all their money by using your info, so it is against their interests to actually help you secure anything- they are actively mining and selling your info.
They are no better than the hackers.

If you choose to go the browser route, I highly recommend using a secure browser (ie. not Google or any common one) that uses Android System Webview and is open source.

The ones I use are all based upon Lightning Browser, have great security controls and are unmatched in speed.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

Change the search engine and the homepage to DuckDuckGo or StartPage for even more security.

Upvote 0
someone told me that they were most likely hacking me and tracking my location bc they were into sex trafficking since they never took money and i cant disable my location history idk ... im over it tho they can have me

Can I have you instead?

Nevermind.

Anyway, you have to go into settings to turn that crap off.

Settings
Google
Manage your Google account
Privacy checkup

Upvote 0
So, my device does not have this Font Server app.

Looking online, I see a bunch of stuff about it being used nefariously, but I am skeptical.

So then I notice that any thread directed to Google about this Font Server app is locked- no more comments allowed- even if there are no comments- so it really does seem that Google is hiding something here.

I would not put it past them.

Perhaps your best bet is to get a new device and to remove your Google account from the old one.

Or, try this...
https://m.apkpure.com/hidden-apps-detector/com.hiddenapps.detector

I have no idea about it, just saw it for the first time.

One thing that you can and should absolutely do is to use a firewall.
This will allow you to block internet access for apps of your choice, among other things.

Also, it can clue you in as to what apps are connected to other apps- many are, and use each other to work.

Start with an easy one, and see if Font Server shows up as able to be blocked.

https://noroot-firewall.en.uptodown.com/android

Once you see how that one works (it may solve the problem), you can try a more advanced firewall- but remember not to block too much as it is easy to make a device not function, although not permanently.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.netguard/

Another cool app, but rather advanced, is Tracker Control.
It can function as a firewall, but also can block individual trackers.

It can also tell you what countries your info is being sent to from individual apps.

This one can get very intense, but it is rather interesting to see even if you don't wind up using it.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.kollnig.missioncontrol.fdroid/

All of these apps are small enough so that they can all exist on one device at the same time- they just cannot all run at the same time (not an issue).

One last thing to try is a VPN.
The other apps above all use the VPN api in your device, but are not actually VPNs.

A real VPN will mask your IP and your physical location.
You should always be using one on public Wi-Fi anyway.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.protonvpn.android/

Once again, even the crappiest device (which is what I have, lol) can easilly have all of these apps installed and use them one at a time.

I would actually suggest downloading and installing them all, and then trying the NoRoot Firewall first.
It is extremely simple and useful, and an easy way to get started.

After that, try out the VPN.
You have to nake an account, but it is free.
You can always upgrade at some point, but at this point it is not necessary.

Upvote 0
i found these and it said my fb was sent to two companies idk what that means

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-161232.png
    Screenshot_20210731-161232.png
    777.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Screenshot_20210731-161051.png
    Screenshot_20210731-161051.png
    680 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_20210731-161003.png
    Screenshot_20210731-161003.png
    684.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Screenshot_20210731-160943.png
    Screenshot_20210731-160943.png
    752.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_20210731-160815.png
    Screenshot_20210731-160815.png
    723.1 KB · Views: 720
Upvote 0
Ok,so I am moving- and will be distracted by life for a bit.

Anyway, I didn't get the chance to look at or think a lot about what the pics mean.

Anyway, what I did see real quick was McAffie.
Now, the guy that started the company was smart and cool- no doubt. He also passed away under mysterious circumstances, so that is a story you should check out.

But anti-virus and anti- malware on an Android is a total waste of time.

All of them will drop performance markedly.

Ditch them all, along with any cleaners, boosters, battery savers, etc.
They are all junk- just snake oil.
I wish it were different, but no.

This is one large reason why I do not get apps from Google.

First they say that to be safe, only get apps from them.
Then the Play Store literally has tens of thousands of apps like that.

Anyway, rant over.

Did you try NoRoot first, or did you just jump right into Tracker Control?

NoRoot is much more simple, and may solve the issue.

When I have more time (soon), I will look at the pics more, and see what I can make of things.

But first things first.
Ditch the dookyware, and try NoRoot.
It sets up in minutes, not like the others.

It also has a log that gives the IP address of any internet access.

You can then enter the IP addresses into your browser, and you will find out exactly where your info is going.

I can give more help with the other apps later, but to be honest, I use NoRoot the most- and the VPN when I am on public Wi-Fi or if a site I want access to is blocked by someone.

I keep the other apps around to play with sometimes, and to be aware of changes to them when they are updated.

In reality, with work and life and all, I have not even had the time to properly set up NetGuard and Tracker Control on my latest device which I got back in April.

Upvote 0
NoRoot Firewall will not allow you to uninstall Font Server.

Forget about doing that, as it is a system app.

You are not going to get rid of that app unless you root the device.

Anyway, what NoRoot CAN do is block Font Server from making any successful online attempts- meaning that it can not send or receive any information via Wi-Fi or cellular.

Of course, it can only do this if Font Server is actually the app being used for access.

It will block the app, no doubt, but if that is the app causing the issue is still yet to be seen.

In other words, if you block Font Server and are still having problems afterwards, then most likely Font Server is not the cause.

The other thing that NoRoot will do is group apps that need each other together in an obvious way- much more obvious than NetGuard.

This way you will see what other apps could be related to Font Server.
If you block access from Font Server, you will also block access to all related apps.

NetGuard allows individual blocking of all apps, related or not.
What can be confusing is that when you set it up, and block something, something else related may be blocked as well.
This can happen at any point while you are going through your apps and can be confusing when you block something only to have it unblocked the next time you look- or visa versa.

Yeah, NoRoot is much more simple, and many times faster to get set up.

Maybe for now you could try using a VPN all the time for a while, to see what happens.

Upvote 0
From what I gather by looking at the pics...

You used Tracker Control (Slim? I was not aware of that version, but for different devices there may be different versions. Hopefully the features are the same.) to see details of certain system apps.

You can tap on those individual items, and block each one individually.
This can and will 'break' some apps.
It can be very frustrating to keep a device working, because you will find yourself playing 'Wack A Mole' going back and forth to Tracker Control to allow or disallow some tracker or other.

With what I do online, Tracker Control says that I have over a hundred trackers in my browser.
This is not so- but the websites I visit DO have trackers- many/most of all sites do.
Tracker Control sees this, and reports it as trackers found in my browser.

(My browser blocks trackers, but I have to allow these in Tracker Control in order for those sites to work. It is this type of thing that keeps me from using Tracker Control.)

As for the apps in the pics, Root is on one of my devices as well, so I would not be pressed about that.

The same goes for the other system apps, as it would be difficult for someone to install something nefarious there even if the device was in their hands- and near impossible to do so remotely.

So, back to the McAfie app- do you see all of the Google junk that is buried inside that app?
That is all spyware.
Legal, legitimate spyware.
It is how the app is provided to you for free.
And it is the same for any app that has those analytics and Admobs and the rest.

That is why it is best to avoid any app that has that crap- and the vast majority of apps on the Play Store have that crap.

Isn't it funny (no, it isn't funny at all) that Google warns us over and over again to only get apps from them for our 'safety', yet they are the ones doing the majority of the spying?

Anyway, here is yet another app that will tell you what apps have what permissions and other things on your device, and give more details as to what those permissions and other things actually mean to you.

Once again, (yes, I understand that we are basically strangers and that I am asking you to download and install a lot of stuff) this is a small, simple app that I put on all of my devices.

https://addons-detector.en.uptodown.com/android

Now, did I run through how to find 'secret' apps on a device?

I can't remember if I did, but it is not real difficult.

By 'secret', I mean apps that do not show up in your app drawer.
When I first started on my Android journey, I tried to download something from some poop site, and evidently at some point it had me download and install (or it just did that on its own, IDK) something else.
Yadda, yadda, yadda, I wound up uninstalling the app anyway.

Well, whatever else had been downloaded and installed did not get uninstalled, and I was getting ads that I should not be getting- because I uninstalled the app (because of the damn ads!)

So began my detective work, even as unskilled as I was.

After a long bit, I figured it out.
In my apps list there was an 'app' all the way at the bottom of the list that I did not recognize.
It had no name, no icon (so it would not show up in my app drawer!), but there it was taking up a bit of space and using data.

NoRoot actually clued me into its existance, I believe, as it showed up in the apps list there and also in the log of internet access.
Because the log gives the time of access, and I knew when I saw the last ad, BAM! I had my culprit.

But with no icon or name, the app was tricky to find to be rid of.

Settings
Apps
(show all apps)
(show system)

scroll to the bottom and look for anything that has no icon and no name.

Clear data first (very important), and then uninstall.
Clearing data first before uninstalling ensures that any files/folders of that app are gone along with the app itself.
On another occasion, I uninstalled an ad ladden app and the ads continued on and on- until I found the folder and files that did not get uninstalled with the app.
So clear all data first, with any app you are going to uninstall.

So, back on point-
let me know how it goes, and if the device perfornance improves, degrades, or stays the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones