1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Font size X10 Experia

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DME43, May 31, 2011.

1. DME43

DME43 Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    I know there has been quite a lot of threads about the font size on android, but they have mostly been of old nature. A few days ago my cousins X10 Experia suddenly started using small fonts instead of the usual size font for no reason. It doesn't happen on all programs from what we have gathered so far, but a program she uses often such as Mirsal is showing everything much smaller than usual. I am currently in iran and she lives here and I'm leaving in a few days time so I hope to fix it by then, but by being in iran it is a bit difficult and tiresome to go on the web so I would be grateful if everything can be done on this site.

when the text size got small, some games and programs are also behaving oddly by having a different and odd screen size where everything is jumbled up. thats the second priority but the font size is more important.
    her android version is 1.6 but she doesnt want to factory it as it will get rid of all her data.

thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    I think this is going to be difficult.

I honestly barely remember what 1.6 looks like. Do you have any alternative loaders installed like ADW or Zeam or LauncherPro? If so, that is where you need to change the font size back to normal.

In the normal Android menus I don't see any font options. Maybe you have Accessibility options turned on?

In 2.1 there is an option to Reset to Factory Data which would wipe everything, and there is an option to Reset Factory Settings which wipes everything except for user data.

I still think the easiest fix is to backup the contacts and reset.

Even backup all the contacts to the SIM card....then reset some options.

That or there is some app that is messing with the font size and you need to uninstall the app that has changed the text.

Good luck.