• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Food for thought for handling thread moves...

i totally agree. i stopped coming here because the forum was littered with posts about the same topic over and over again. the new organization has made it all good again. great job by the mods and admins.

FWIW, I'm the one doing the thread moving/organizing.... aaaand, I'm starting not to absolutely hate this thread. ;)

Upvote 0
Glad to see this thread is staying civilized! :)

I actually got my answer within 5 minutes, all Im saying is allow for the topic to grow before moving it. We should be moving things on the 3rd page when the topic is no longer hot.

Again just a suggestion and I'm not upset. Just think it would benefit the forum a bit more.

Yes and no, IMO. Some threads have no reason to get more than 2 posts, some go on for years and years (or so it seems). By moving them at the beginning, there are less problems that are created.

On another forum I'm on they recently moved a "chat" style thread that had been in the same spot for at least 5+ years. Raised havoc for us regulars, and we all raised hell about it! :D

If it had been moved the day it was created no one would have thought anything different.

OP has now given the mods headache, where do they put this rant thread?

ROFL!!!

I think you're right and wrong. Most people don't look at the individual areas, and thus, the posts die sooner than would in the general public area.

This isn't a mod problem, as they shouldn't have to be moving ANY of the posts, they should be posted in the right place in the first place. HOWEVER I think they should find a way of getting people to look in those areas more often. This is more of a user issue than a mod issue.

My suggestion is this.

Creat an "active" page that encompasses postings from every group, that way you can look at the active page and see everything that's pending or recent, and then if you want a specific inquiry, go to that section to browse them all.

I think everything should be in a designated area, even if one area is listed as "general posts", but that ACTIVE folder is where the general public would look. This would tend to solve both problems pretty well, with less "moving" to be done by the mods, and more attention to the more recent threads, no matter the area they were posted in.

IMO, active pages are the way to go!!! Try it, I'm sure you'll get to love it too. :)

i totally agree. i stopped coming here because the forum was littered with posts about the same topic over and over again. the new organization has made it all good again. great job by the mods and admins.

Another reason to keep it organized. :)

While it may seem that it's all a pain and to cause problems, it really is in order to keep some kind of organization to the chaos!

We welcome suggestions, keep 'em coming (just maybe in the feedback/suggestion forum next time)! ;) There is no way that this forum would be half as great as it is now without some great suggestions from it's users!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones