1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Food Freshness App

Discussion in 'Application Requests' started by Supergluey, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Supergluey

Supergluey New Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi i was wondering if there are any apps to input and check on and have notification sent to you in terms of expiring milk, foods.etc

Like a food freshness app. Similiar to this one

https://www.appstorehq.com/foodfreshnesschecklist-iphone-240798/app

but for the android of course. It will be great it it gives notifications as to when my milk is expiring.etc Yes i can set these up through checklist apps.etc but that seems tedious and after a hard days work, it is just tiring.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. cmh0114

cmh0114 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Is this something where you would input the type of food and the expiration date, and it would alert you when the food is about to go bad? I can't download the iPhone app right now, so I'm unsure how you want it to work.

3. honestprepper

honestprepper New Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Female
    There's an app which I use to store expiration dates of food & medicines, but since you can create folders or groups, you can put it anything you like.
    The app has notifications and reminder.
    You can set the date of notification or xx days prior to expiration date. It's a great app and it's free.
    It's called Expiry Wiz

I use it for tracking expiration dates of food I keep in my go bag and in my food stash,...

Here's a good use case how you can use this app: How to track expiration dates of your supplies?

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Do barcodes contain that information? Seems like everything has barcodes now.

5. honestprepper

honestprepper New Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Female
    Unfortunately not, because I think most barcodes are just for tracking item IDs. You need to enter all the other information yourself. I meant this app to be used mainly by regular people or preppers , but I guess you need something to run a store?