• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Football Manager 2012

Calvo1

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
Liverpool, UK
Morning all,

So the day I have been anticipating for months has finally arrived. Even when Sports Interactive said they would not be releasing an Android Version I still had hope.......and then it was announced that my dream would come true on the 11th Apr 2012 and Football Manager Handheld 2012 would be released for my Android..........so...........where the hell is it !!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Ive searched the Play Store again and again and even set a Google Alert but still nothing. I know Im being impatient but if any of you guys come across it please reply to this post so I can be notified whilst in work? I would be most obliged.

Kind Regards

Calvo

Yeah I know what you mean, but I hope they get the right balance as it wont be a game where many will spend hours on end staring at a monitor, it will be more of a pick up and play.....so I hope things like press confrences etc will be more streamlined but I hope (and to me this is the most important thing) players stats are correct and their potential is there or thereabouts........realistic valuations too......

Roll on 6.30..........I cant believe there is not much chat about this release today.......we must be the only two geeks in town lol !!

Upvote 0
Ha ha welcome aboard....I might start a Football Manager Sticky kind of thing where people can post their Transfers, stories, advice, tactics etc....I know there are dedicated forums for this but to me they come across as arrogant know it alls and basically we are new to this and will progress through this game together (bit deep that)....what do you reckon..?

Tell you what, I suppose I should play the game first see if its any good ha ha

Upvote 0
I've been playing for about 3 hours now...yeah its quite nice, haven't been able to sell Kuyt or Maxi even though I've offered them to clubs for good prices. Purchased kadlec up front...opposition seem to score screamers outside the box...wish th here were more tactical settings such as position when defending corners...etc....I know it will never compare but the important things to me are tactics and transfers.....otherwise known as managing lol

Anyone made any good transfers

Upvote 0
Appreciate the news Lekky thank you.

I have a few comments, certainly not criticisms. I adore the game up to now. Ill post a few comments and hopefully others will agree with me.

Hats off to SI though never thought Id be able to play this game on my Android. !!!!

Why did they announce that they were not producing one and then a week before announce a release?

Upvote 0
I'm like you Calvo1, I don't think I could ever hate this game. But there are a few things need improving, like the screen size, if you can see from my screenshots its pretty terrible :(

I cant remember the exact date I read they weren't producing one, but it was a while ago! I think they had a lot (and i mean a lot) of requests for it to come to android, so just decided to go for it!

Upvote 0
I cant seem to be able to post on your review for some reason. My works computer does not have great internet access so if I could make a couple of points here, could you put them somewhere on your review page?

- I just want to say that these are not negatives, I think the game is Ace, I understand the difficulties in bringing this game to Android. Ive played about 7 hours of football with Liverpool, Ive found my way around the game reasonably well but please take these comments with a pinch of salt if there are solutions and I just havent found them yet...this is first impressions only....

First of all is the sound. I genuinely dont mind a 1gb game if we could download some more. The click sound when pressing a button is harsh and (for me anyway, especially wearing headphones) there are no crowd noises whilst a match is being played. I would certainly appreciate that.

I would love to be able to determine individual tactics such as "Aim for Target Man", Far Post Crosses etc by just clicking on the position....I hope thats clear (invidual instructions for individual positions if that makes sense) I would also like to be able to determine player positions during Set Pieces. You may be able to do this but I havent found it yet.

I find transfers slightly frustrating but I suppose its true to real life in that respect. For example I tried to sell Maxi Rodriguez and Dirk Kuyt for well below their value but didnt have one bid.....they are not that bad are they? lol

Id love for there to be some slightly more interesting players on the Transfer/Loan List....I havent actually come to any negotiations for a player I am trying to buy......For example I was trying to buy Kadlec. I offered

Upvote 0
Thanks Lekky, Ive had a response from Marc, which I am very pleased about. Again I would like to reply to him but I cant post on that link you gave me for some reason, would you be so kind as to post the following reply?

Marc, many thanks for your reply, to be honest I wasnt expecting the chief Dev to respond so fair play to you Sir

I agree, the main thing is keeping the balance between detail and a pick up and play model. Obviously the easier to pick up and play the more customers you will have. Ive only been playing FM since 2007 so Im not an expert. I have followed many Forums such as SI Forums and FM Base and it strikes me that most people who buy this game would probably appreciate a more detailed approach. Im literally not exagerating here but Ive seen 100 page posts on how to get the best out of Andy Carroll....... Again certainly not a criticisim, I mean ,I struggle setting my alarm clock never mind developing an app of this quality....

Since Im talking to a Dev I should explain my points ;

A Match Day Sound Byte is essential.....after going through numerous slides and menus setting up the best possible team I can to beat Man U in the FA Cup Final, id like to hear the sound of an excited crowd cheering on the team I built. The actual match should be the spectacle as this what you have spent your entire time preparing for ..........

I understand the copyright issues completely......can we download "Tactics" off the internet and place in a FMH folder in our phone that will appear in game for example?

Yeah the Player List is a tricky one. Surely searching through 10gb of music by swiping a screen that only shows 8-10 songs is a lot slower than a continuus vertical scroll.......Maybe the swipable screens could be set into sections ie 1st page - All players from

Upvote 0
My phone rebooted earlier mid game-well i had saved it then hit exit- the end game option was there alongside New game etc on start screen but the phone rebooted before or as i confirmed i wanted to close. When i launched FM again the menu displayed continue game instead of load. That option did nothing. I rebooted the phone again to find my save game was no longer there! It was gone! I've had to start over,not too painful as i was only two friendlies in signing two players. Has this happened to anyone else yet? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones