• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories For Anyone Who Purchased the Shell Holster Combo From VZW

RootDaDuck

Jun 10, 2010
Verizon has issued a technical bulletin for there holster combo. If your Droid Incredible slides out of the holster, you may have the old version, the C0. (last 2 digits of UPC)

A new version of the holster, C1, has been shipped to all VZW stores, which has an overall tighter fit. Let a technician or CSR know and they will gladly swap it out for you.

EDIT: As per user request, I have uploaded the receipt they gave me.

There is a technical bulletin for it. It is located under HTC --> DROID Incredible. My friend who is a flextronics employee, (Verizon wireless tech) told me about it. I came into the store with just my holster and they swapped it right out.

You do NOT need your original receipt or box, just the holster shell combo unit. You have a 90 day limited warranty for the shell holster combo, and since the incredible came out less than 90 days ago, your definitely covered :)

holsterreciept.jpg

Verizon has issued a technical bulletion for theshell holster combo. If your Droid Incredible slides out of the holster, you may have the old version, the C0. (last 2digits of upc)

A new version of the holster, C1, has been shipped to all VZW stores, which has an overall tighter fit. Let a technician or CSR know and they will gladly swap it out for you.

Thanks for the info I will have to check and see if i have the older model.

Upvote 0
Got my new holster combo in today, It just has a slightly raised lip at the top of the holster that cups the phone in a little bit more, did a few slide out tests and it does have more retension but not much lol. Cant say for sure but bits on the side seem a bit snugger too.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this, original one back in the box with its return label.

Upvote 0
I just called VZW and they had no problem swapping out my holster. They didnt need any info from me at all. The whole conversation took about 2 minutes. They said just send the old one back in the box using the prepaid shipping label.

@ the OP......Thanks hor the heads up!!

Just called VZW and the rep had no idea what I was talking about, heading to the store later this AM, I'm sure it'll be ok...

-kj-

Upvote 0
Spoke too soon. Store said they can only exchange with a receipt or if they can find the purchase in their system (i.e., tied to my cell phone number). I got the case as a gift so I'm out of luck. Apparently others are having more success - power to ya! :)

That sucks. It couldn't hurt to call VZW customer service again. Just tell the store was going to exchange it for you but they were out of stock. The lady I talked to found a note in her computer about the replacement and the rest was easy peezy. She did ask my phone number but she said nothing about my receipt.

Upvote 0
^^
Same here. I'm going to pull my receipt to see what item number it shows. The ones in the store ended in C1, and the manager said this is the same one that I already have. He claimed that the earlier model didn't have the "grip" that is on the current shell.

Anybody have pictures of both for comparison?

Upvote 0
^^
Same here. I'm going to pull my receipt to see what item number it shows. The ones in the store ended in C1, and the manager said this is the same one that I already have. He claimed that the earlier model didn't have the "grip" that is on the current shell.

Anybody have pictures of both for comparison?

I'm pretty sure all of them have had the rubberized grip on them, since it was first released. When I was on the phone with VZW she put me on hold for a brief sec and then came back on and said she found the information in her computer. I'm not sure what she searched for but there is definitely something on their terminal that explains the problem with the old holsters. My new one is supposed to be here this coming Tuesday so I will post comparison pics when I get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones