1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support For the love of God... Pandora issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by homeeconomicalengineer, May 28, 2010.

1. homeeconomicalengineer

homeeconomicalengineer Active Member

Apr 5, 2010
    take care of three little people :)
    ...why do I have to keep quitting/restarting Pandora ?????

Advertisement

2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    How does this help anyone? Maybe put which version you are on. OTA, leak, root? What is going on when this happens. More info=being able to help you.

3. homeeconomicalengineer

homeeconomicalengineer Active Member

Apr 5, 2010
    take care of three little people :)
    Sorry...if I pause Pandora and my phone sleeps then try to play again..I have the OTA.. and thanks for the help

4. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    This was always the case for me... I think it is due to the fact that Pandora runs a continuous stream that cannot be paused for long periods of time (it gets lost if pausing for long periods of time).

5. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Statistician/Nerd
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I installed the Screen On widget and placed it under Pandora on my phone. I set the screen to always on when Pandora plays then I don't have this issue. Hope this helps.

6. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    So when I pause Pandora for more than a few minutes, the widget absolutely refuses to respond and I have to kill Pandora with a task killer (this is the sole reason I keep the tk around) and then I have to use the icon instead of the widget to restart it.

When it crashes, I have to hit the widget like 7 or 8 times to get it to open up full screen. Then I can hit the 'Like' or 'Dislike' button and they will turn blue for a second but no check appears and the play button does absolutely nothing till I go in and do the kill thing. If I try to just hit the icon before killing it, it opens up full screen does the exact same unresponsive thing.

It is rather annoying.

7. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Statistician/Nerd
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Not sure if this will help - but I've had all kinds of problems when I use any kind of task killer on my phone. Might be worth a try to uninstall both Pandora and your task killer. When you have a solid internet connection, download Pandora and Astro. Astro is a file manager. If you absolutely need to kill an app you can do so within this by opening the app then tapping Menu > Tools > Process Manager > Select Pandora > Kill Application. Make sure you reboot your phone after you've reinstalled the apps. If this doesn't work, you may have to do the factory reboot and reload your apps 1 by 1 to see if one of them is causing some kind of interference with Pandora. Good luck!

8. Raincor

Raincor New Member

Aug 16, 2011
    On my droid, when I open Pandora it takes forever to load and often times it errors and I have to force close or wait (same error message every time). When I select wait, it usually freezes completely. My task killer does not work to close it and I have to pop my battery out. Same happens if I select force close. I really don't know why it is doing this. Any information would be most appreciated, thanks!