• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

for the people who txt alot

Ok so i LOVED swype but i uninstalled it today after a days worth of use. I discovered it dropped my battery life significantly so i decided i would rather have my phone last longer through out the day than have this keyboard, there is a free app in the market called shapewriter that is similar to swype but is not supposed to drain the battery

Upvote 0
I have been using Swype for a while.. have tried a few others..

SWYPE is overwhelmingly superior.. Once you go Swype, (and you should give it just a few days), you'll be HOOKED.

I have seen some fast 'typing' people on the stock keyboards, but there is no comparison to someone confident with SWYPE.

Chances are if you are slow with SWYPE, you are WATCHING the words as they are put up in the field.. Just swype away and don't look up.. if SWYPE misses a word, you can tap and correct it.. (it doesn't miss much)..
Even if you do have to correct a word, you'll still end up being faster..

(now, I realize not everyone will like the "feel" of swyping, so there will be some that just plain don't want it, and that's OK :) )..

But, it is the fastest way to enter text.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones