• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those already on android, what apps to put on the evo first?

djdisturbed

Android Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2010
Burlington, NC
I started this thread for those of us who are noobs to android AND exp. users as well to post what apps they have, will put, or are looking for for their Evo! Post up your appbrain list (or list from other sites that you like to use) for all to see and help other find cool apps and help support the dev of these apps by letting other know you like them, also you can let others know how well these apps work on your evo!

This will be my first android phone (my ex has one but she is not that big into the apps) SO i was wondering what apps are you guys/gals who have been on android going to have on your evo first. I know I'm looking for a shopping list app, checkbook style app, and a few games (like card games and yahtzee type games, suduku), beer encyclopedia type app, bartender app (i work in the night club biz, DJ) so any idea's about those and any ideas for other MUST HAVE apps to look at putting on it (free or paid)
(i know there is a part of the forum for this, but i was looking for what other EVO/senceUI people are going to be/are currently using and this might help out a few other newbies here)

Here is a list of my apps. Fubie's Apps on the phone

I haven't tried skyfire, but I've heard it's good. I did use Opera, but I really use Dolphin the most for web browsing.

My first app downloaded for my Hero was Handcent SMS. It replaced the default HTC SMS app and is awesome. It didn't take long for me to purchase PDANet so I could tether my phone for Internet access on my laptop.

For a grocery list app I really enjoy OurGroceries, http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.headcode.ourgroceries. I lists can be created by anyone setup on the account and the list syncs between users.

Upvote 0
I'm going to look for a good sports score app, Pandora, a good flashlight app, a good call blocking manager app, a good notepad app (unless it already has one), and if the browser isn't great (coming from a Blackberry, any browser is better than the native one) maybe another one.

...maybe a different keyboard, if the default one isn't working for me.

Upvote 0
I know I'm probably going to sound like a school girl here, BUT OMG!!! I just looked at the Android apps over at AppBrain and I'm salivating at the number apps available. Coming from the Blackberry app world, I've always felt like I've been held back at the number of apps out there. Now I really can't wait to get my hands on the EVO! Amazing!

Reactions: hyabusha
Upvote 0
Reactions: mted558 and sag7392
Upvote 0
ok I have made a list in appbrain for when I get my new evo. Can someone please explain how you get the list from appbrain to install on your phone. I have never had a smart phone.

Download the AppBrain app from the marketplace on your phone and then the app will sync and install the applications that you choose from Appbrain.com.

Upvote 0
Thats why i started this thread, for those of us who are new to android to see what other apps people are finding helpfull or are like the ones we was currently using on whatever phones we use now (like ones i use on my pre). I hope it helps EVERYONE, even people who have been using android for a while to find other apps that they might have missed.

Upvote 0
Man, I feel like Patrick living under a rock!

(Patrick, who you ask?... Sponge Bob's friend, I know I know, had to watch it with my kids :) )
how-to-draw-patrick-star-from-spongebob-squarepants.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones