• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those coming from a Blackberry....

So as long as you leave gtalk open then you're ok. But if you close the app do you have to get another invite back into the group chat? Also can people on iphones or web join the group chat? sorry if these are stupid questions I know I'll find out once I get my incredible :p

I have GTALK running 24/7. It runs in background. If you exit app, then no you will not get notified.

I do not see why not. I can join/invite from both PC, Droid and GF's Blackberry. I do not have or know anyone with a iPhone (on purpose -I kid I kid...).

Upvote 0
This is a great thread! My BB contacts are now synced via Google Sync just waiting for my new phone.

The other nice thing is I already have an 8 Gig micro SD card in my Storm 1 so it should be easy to import my music.

same here...contacts and calendar synced with Google...Storm 2 SD card ready...all i need now is the Incredible!!!:D

Upvote 0
If you don't like the peck to type method with virtual keyboards you need to check out Swype. It was a dream on the eris and quadrupiled the speed of inputting messages via the virtual keyboard. Its a complete keyboard replacement and still accepts peck to type if you should need to input something not yet in its dictionary. But trust me it'll be well worth your time and is the first app i'm installing when mine arrives.

Upvote 0
If you don't like the peck to type method with virtual keyboards you need to check out Swype. It was a dream on the eris and quadrupiled the speed of inputting messages via the virtual keyboard. Its a complete keyboard replacement and still accepts peck to type if you should need to input something not yet in its dictionary. But trust me it'll be well worth your time and is the first app i'm installing when mine arrives.

I have been looking for Swype but it seems its only in beta. Do you know something I don't?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones