• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those coming from the Eris to the Incredible...

- Can't tell on battery life yet, need a week. So far I'm fine, though.
- No lag, only noticed it if I was running some of the Live wallpapers. I don't use one right now and home transitions are lightning quick. Widgets are basically instant loading, too, but I don't overdo my phone with them.
- No laggy dialer
- Reception is fine, call quality is great. I don't notice a hiss in the earpiece like I did on the Eris whenever I was talking to someone, it's very clear

Upvote 0
This phone compared to the Eris is night and day.
This is the Eris made flawless. Just got mine yesterday...so far the battery drain is identical.
No dialer lag (the reason o wanted a faster phone)!
Call quality is significantly better.
It's the Eris on steroids with no side effects :)
this is the Droid you been looking for!

Upvote 0
1. I must've gotten some special Inctredible....my battery life is WAY better than my Eris. I couldn't get through lunch without having to plug in and charge. And then again at dinner. It was like my Eris and I were on a feeding schedule. With the Inc. I can ALMOST get through a day without plugging in.

2. Lag is nonexistant (definitely experienced it on the Eris though)

3. No phone problems....i almost couldn't even use the phone on the Eris ("just text me!"

4. See #4

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
1. Battery life is about the same, but I am not that surprised since I am using my Seido 1750 from my Eris

2. Much less lag overall, and

3. NO dialer lag. This is the best improvement as far as I am concerned.

4. Call quality seems fine. I do have earpiece buzz at top volume, and I miss one in-call characteristic of the Eris that I liked - the ability to hear myself through the earpiece during a call. I'm not sure what it's called, but it makes a call sound more like it does during a land-line call.... When I can hear myself through the earpiece it makes for a more natural conversation, and makes it much less likely that I will speak too loudly.

Upvote 0
I agree with the first six posts.

-Battery life: As good if not a bit better than the Eris
-Lag: This thing doesn't know what lag is
-Dialer lag: Haha, see the last comment
-Reception: Still on VZW network so it's the same. As far as call quality, better than the Eris. It's clearer and I find myself having to turn the volume down during a all rather than up, which I had to do often with the Eris.

Upvote 0
Great! Thanks all! Seeing all the posts about the battery life reminded me of my first few weeks with my eris. Just a learning curve. I figure as long as the battery lasts about the same, i'll be good! Thank goodness the lag is gone in all aspects!!! Also, does it switch between portrait and landscape mode quickly? I know th eris took a while sometimes.....

P.s... I have played with the incredible in the store but phones ALWAYS feel good in the store! lol. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Also, does it switch between portrait and landscape mode quickly? I know th eris took a while sometimes.....

I agree with most everyone else on your other questions, I do find battery life to be slightly better than the Eris. I've been playing with my phone quite a bit today (haven't actually talked on it though!), listened to a police scanner for about an hour (entertaining way to waste some time! LOL), downloaded several apps, browsed the web for awhile, and I'm still at 50% after being off the charger for 12 hrs.

To answer your question above, yes, the switch is almost instantaneous once the phone is fully rotated.

Upvote 0
Got some questions from those who have come from the HTC Eris...

1. Battery life: Better or worse than the eris?
2. Lagg? Still there?
3. Laggy dialer?
4. Phone reception?/ call quality?

THANKS!

1. The battery life is a little worse than Eris with the 2.1 leak, which makes sense since this phone has a larger screen and faster processor with the same exact battery.

2. No lagg at all. 0

3. See #2

4. Sucks.

Upvote 0
1. The battery life is a little worse than Eris with the 2.1 leak, which makes sense since this phone has a larger screen and faster processor with the same exact battery.
Not true. The snapdragon CPU uses less power than the ARM 11 CPU in the Eris.

Eris SOC uses 90nm transistors and no dynamic clock

Incredible SOC uses far more power efficient 65nm transistors and has dynamic clock.

Battery life is definitely better on the Incredible. People have not even cycled their batteries yet.

Upvote 0
Not true. The snapdragon CPU uses less power than the ARM 11 CPU in the Eris.

Eris SOC uses 90nm transistors and no dynamic clock

Incredible SOC uses far more power efficient 65nm transistors and has dynamic clock.

Battery life is definitely better on the Incredible. People have not even cycled their batteries yet.

I was really curious if this was the case! Thanks for the confirmation. It would make sense. I see from your other thread that your battery life is pretty killer. I dont need anything crazy, just enough to get through the day, Which my eris did fine!

Upvote 0
I was really curious if this was the case! Thanks for the confirmation. It would make sense. I see from your other thread that your battery life is pretty killer. I dont need anything crazy, just enough to get through the day, Which my eris did fine!
It will not get through the day for a while, perhaps a week or so. The phone is so fast you will be constantly playing with it still not believing how quick the response is. Once you (and the battery) settle down, you'll be fine. Phone quality is awesome. As someone said, this is what Android is supposed to be.

Upvote 0
1. Battery life is about the same as the Eris. I have all settings the same and can tell no difference.
2. No lag at all. Super Fast.
3. No lag. This was my #1 issue w/ the Eris.
4. I notice no difference.

I really really miss the physical call buttons on the Eris. If I could wake up the DI by pushing the optical track ball that would be perfect.

Upvote 0

2. Lagg? Still there?
3. Laggy dialer?

THANKS!

1. Yes, but not a whole lot
2. NOPE
3. DOUBLE NOPE
4. Better, I don't drop calls anymore b/c of the faulty proximity sensor, speakerphone actually works (on the Eris the speaker sucked I had to hold the speaker to my ear to use the dang speaker phone).

Upvote 0
1. Battery life: Better or worse than the eris? surprisingly better
2. Lagg? Still there? None this thing flys
3. Laggy dialer? not at all, so much better . If it wasn't for the laggy dialer I probably would have kept the Eris longer but it became somewhat unreliable for me
4. Phone reception?/ call quality? About the same, but I think the speakerphone may have been louder on the Eris

The switch from portrit to landsccape is soooo much faster almost instant

Only things I liked better about the Eris
-seemed slightly more durable
-placment of the charger port is not good for me
-physical send / end buttons are definetly missed
-still getting use to the joystick on the DI

Upvote 0

2. Lagg? Still there?
3. Laggy dialer?

THANKS!

1. Battery life a little better than my Eris on all 3 versions of leak
2. No lag...a couple of stutters maybe upon boot
3. Nope
4. Excellent

The Eris is built like a tank imo and is a great phone. Gave it to the wife she loves it. The Incredible took it to the next level for me (hardware wise) I can't slow it down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones