• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

for those leaving iPhone for EVO

bbenny

May 13, 2010
Do you plan to keep your iPhone?

I am still undecided, i might want to have it around as a glorified iPod touch in case some app comes out i need, or for an mp3 player.

But.... I like the idea of selling it as well. If i go down the selling route, i have a question for those in a similar situation.

Do you think you'll get more selling the phone before the new iphone comes out? (iphone 3g, unlocked and jailbroken on 3.12).

or do you think you'd get more waiting for OS 4.0, and unlocking and jailbraking it with 4.0 and selling?

thx.

i have a 3GS 16gb, unlocked and jailbroken that i plan to sell shortly after i acquire the EVO...the unlocked ones goes for about $450-500 on craigslist so i can cover the cost of the EVO plus my AT&T ETF and have some left over...

correct...

but do you think you'll get more selling it as is (with 3.1.3), or waiting for the OS 4.0 unlock/jailbrake, and sell it with the new OS?

Upvote 0
Do you think you'll get more selling the phone before the new iphone comes out? (iphone 3g, unlocked and jailbroken on 3.12).

or do you think you'd get more waiting for OS 4.0, and unlocking and jailbraking it with 4.0 and selling?

thx.

The sooner the better. I've bought and sold iPhones on craigslist and the prices are going down. Sooner the better for sure.

Reactions: bbenny
Upvote 0
The longer you wait, the less you will get. Got $700 for my 32Gig couple weeks ago on eBay.

i have a 3GS 16gb, unlocked and jailbroken that i plan to sell shortly after i acquire the EVO...the unlocked ones goes for about $450-500 on craigslist so i can cover the cost of the EVO plus my AT&T ETF and have some left over...

wow, people pay that much for used iPhones?...can you say brainwashed?

good luck with the sell, though. it's for a good cause :p

Upvote 0
question (and i don't mean to turn this into an iPhone topic),

do you think there will be a gap in time between when 4.0 is released and available for unlocking, and when the new iphone is available?

I'm picking up two EVOS and eating an ETF from t-mo. its worth it. i'm selling an iphone and a g1, and hoping it covers these expenses! free evos!

Upvote 0
correct...

but do you think you'll get more selling it as is (with 3.1.3), or waiting for the OS 4.0 unlock/jailbrake, and sell it with the new OS?

The new iphone will cause the old one to go down in value. It makes no sense that the old iphone would go up in value when a new one comes out just because of an OS upgrade that everyone gets. The OS upgrade is a free download from Apple so why would people pay more for it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones